What is it?
The Space Administration Panel provides Space Administrators with a way to manage a Space’s structure, appearance, membership, and content. This panel is accessible by a Space’s assigned Space Administrators. A Space Administrator can open their Space’s Administration Panel by selecting the cog located on the right of the Space’s Navigation Bar.
Features and Functionality
Accessing the Space Administration Panel
Space Administrators can only access the Space Administration Panel associated with the Space they have been assigned to.
Site Administrators can access the Space Administration Panel of any Space in their Digital Workplace. While the Space Administration Panel provides less tools than the Site Control Panel, it does provide a direct way of interacting with a Space.
Roles granted to Groups in the digital workplace do not provide direct access to the Space Administration Panel. However, members with Roles can interact with Space structure and membership through the Site Control Panel. For example, a Group with the Manage Member Groups Role would be able to use the Site Control Panel’s Manage Groups option to interact with a Space’s Groups and Group membership.
Space Administration Panel features
The following pages can be accessed from the Space Administration Panel and each provide tools for a Space Administrator.
- Add new/remove Space members and Administrators.
- Create Space Groups and add/remove members from Groups within the Space.
- Set whether non-Space members can request to join the Space. When enabled, Join Requests will appear here and can be Accepted/Rejected.
- Adjust whether the Space Navigation Bar appears below or above page titles and breadcrumbs.
- Add Header text to a Space using the WYSIWYG Editor. This text will appear above page titles and breadcrumbs. If you would like the header of a Space’s home page to differ from other locations in the space, click the option "Use a different header for the space home page" (overrides header above).
- Add Footer text to a Space using the WYSIWYG Editor. This text will appear above the site wide Footer.
- The Navigation page is similar to the digital workplace’s Site Manager and provides a way to manage a Space’s structure. Space Administrators can use this page to add/remove/move Channel and Pages located in their Space.
- View what pages, channels, folders, articles, and documents have been recently deleted from the Space. Deleted items will be held here for 30 days until permanently deleted. While items are in the Trash Can they can be Recovered, returning them to their original location. Items appearing in this Trash can will also appear in the digital workplace’s Trash Can.
- View and/or restore what content is Archived within the Space. Additional information regarding Archiving can be found here.
How to allow non-Space members to join your Space
1. Turn on Join Requests
Navigate to the Manage Members page using the Space Administration Panel. At the bottom of this page is the Join Requests section. Click Enable to add a Join Now button to the Space’s Navigation Bar. Digital workplace members who are not a member of the Space will see this Join Now button.
2. Provide Access to the Join option
Non-Space members can only view the Join Now button if they have at least Read Level Access to a location within the Space. This provides them an entry point into the Space where they can view the Space Navigation Bar. This can be the Home page of the Space, or a direct link to a location within the Space non-Space members would have Access to.
It is possible to restrict who can join a Space by only giving specific Groups Access to the Space’s entry point. If a Group does not have Access to any location within the Space they will never be able to click the Join Now button.
When a member clicks the Join Now button it will switch to text that displays the message Pending.
3. Monitor your emails for Join Requests, and Accept or Reject them
Whenever a digital workplace member clicks the Join Now button an email is sent to all Space Administrators. This email will contain buttons that can be clicked to Accept or Reject the Join Request.
Join Requests will also appear on the Manage Members page of a Space.
When a Join Request is accepted the requester will be added to the Space Members Group.
How to manually add non-Space members to your Space
1. Navigate to the Manage Members page
The Manage Members page can be found on the Space Administration Panel underneath the Membership header.
2. Click the Group that you want to add the member to
All Groups within the Space will be listed in the Groups section of the Manage Members page. Click the Group that you would like to place the member in.
When adding a non-Space Member to a Space or Administrators Group, they will automatically be added to the Space’s Members Group.
3. Select the member and click Update to add them to the selected Group
Start entering the members name in the text box located at the top of the Group Details dialog box. As you type the system will provide suggestions to possible members in the workplace whose name matches what you have entered. When you see the desired members name, click it.
To finalize adding this member to the Group, click the Update button located at the bottom of the Group Details dialog box.