Igloo Org Chart Azure AD List View - Integration
What is it?
The Azure AD Org Chart List View Integrations widget provides a portal into your Azure Active Directory where you can view the managers and direct reports of the members of your company.
The widget also provides basic profile information and job title if it is present in your Azure AD.
Features and functionality
The Azure AD Org Chart List View integrations widget presents contact information for members of your Azure AD, where available. This includes their position, phone number, email address, address, and a “sip* message link which will open you native messaging service on your computer.
The Org Chart will open to show the profile of the currently logged in user.
View direct reports
People reporting directly to the currently displayed person are shown below in a stacked list, along with their role and department. You can click on these names to open their details.
The name, role and department manager of the currently displayed person is shown at the top of the widget. Other people reporting to that manager are also displayed in a list at the bottom of the widget. You can click on any of these names to open their details.
You can search for other employees in your Azure AD by name. Options will be displayed below the search field as text is entered.
Setting up the Azure AD Org Chart List View Integration
Step 1: Add the Integrations Widget to a Page or Space
Follow the steps in How to add and edit a Widget to add the Integrations Widget to your Page or Space.
When adding the Integrations Widget do not place it in the narrow side columns of the Page or Space. This positioning is not supported for the Azure AD Org Chart List View Integration.
Step 2: Select Igloo Org Chart
Edit the widget and select the Igloo Org Chard Azure AD List View option from the list.
Step 3: Authorize the Org Chart (First time setup)
The first time you setup the Org Chart in your community you will need to authorize the integration with Azure. Authorization to allow the widget to query your AD can only come from one of your Microsoft Administrators. To authorize:
- In the widget’s options select Show Admin Login, save this change and publish the page.
- Your organization’s Global Admin for O365/Microsoft (not Igloo admin) needs to click the link “Sign in as Microsoft Admin”. The Global Admin will be prompted to authorize on behalf of their entire organization.
- Once the widget has been authorized, it no longer needs the Microsoft Admin sign in link. You can turn it off by editing your page and widget again and deselecting Show Admin Login.
Step 4: Setup Advanced Settings (optional)
- Azure Tenant ID: You can enter your Microsoft tenant ID if you have one. By default it is “common”. Refer to Microsoft's article, Find your Office 365 tenant ID, for instructions on locating this value.
- Default User ID: Use this option to have the Org Chart open on a certain user rather than the logged in user. This can either be the user’s ID or the userPrincipalName in Azure.
- Profile Photo: Select whether the Org Chart will use photos from Azure active directory, or Igloo.
- UserEmailField: The field name in your Azure active directory that stores user’s emails. By default this will be userPrincipalName.
- Show Send Message: Enables or disables the SIP messaging function. It is enabled by default.
- Hide Disabled Accounts: This feature, enabled by default, prevents AD profiles that are marked as Disabled from displaying in the widget. This features checks the “accountEnabled” property which is carried over to Azure from on-premises ADs via DirSync.
- User Property to Filter On: Allows you to filter users based on a Microsoft Graph User Property. Select on of the following filter options: None, City, Country, Department, Job Title, State, or User Type.
- User Property Values to Include: A comma-separated list of values for the user property above to include. Users whose properties match these values are included in the org chart. An example, shown below, has only those in the Sales and Marketing departments appearing in the widget.
Note: Anyone outside of the scope of the filter will not appear in the widget. This will also limit who will appear in search and in reporting chains.
Frequently asked questions
Is there an API available to customize the Igloo Org Chart for my organization?
There is currently no API for the Igloo Org Chart.
Does the Igloo Org Chart work with an on-premise installation of Active Directory?
Igloo Org Chart is designed to be used with Active Directory in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
Customers could use an on-premise installation of Active Directory using the Azure AD Connect tool, in a synchronized or federated manner.
For more information, see Understanding Office 365 identity and Azure Active Directory.
How do I get pictures in my Azure Org Chart?
The Azure Org Chart widget requires Exchange Online in order to supply pictures for members to the widget. Azure isntances without Exchange Online will not show images for their members.