Data Storage and Backups
What is it?
All customer data is stored in the Igloo data centre. Binaries are stored in the Igloo platform and meta data in the Igloo database. This low-level barrier exists to prevent access to other customer data, even in the event of an application or permissions error. Customers can request our semi-single tenant option which provides additional security utilizing a separate database instance for the customer.
- Fault Tolerant RAID Systems
- iSCSI SANs
- Fibre connected Solid State Drive SANs for performance
How is the Data backed up?
Igloo performs data backups and snapshots on a regular basis. All data backups are protected from unauthorized access via Microsoft Active Directory authentication. Backups are stored on fault tolerant SANs and access is restricted to employees whose job requires such access. Backup SANs are located in the same physical data centre as the production SANs. The backup schedule is as follows:
- Every 5 Minutes - SAN to SAN replication (VMware, Binaries, SQL Database backup files).
- Every 30 Minutes - backup of SQL logs.
- Every Hour - complete data SAN snapshots (VMware, Binaries, SQL Database backup files).
- Daily - full backups of all SQL database.
Customers can request the following premium data backup services from Igloo
- Data Backups - Can be stored off-site at an additional cost to the customer. The delivery method varies depending on customer requirements.
- Deleted Data - Can be recovered immediately using the trash can option in the Igloo platform.
- Premium Disaster Recovery - Guarantees recovery times and minimal data loss in the event of a disaster.