The Virtual Town Hall solves communication-based challenges related to distributing town hall event information, connecting employees no matter where they are and keeping them informed about past and upcoming event details. Key performance indicators (KPIs) used to measure the success of your Virtual Town Hall should focus on solving those challenges.
Measuring against KPIs specific to the Virtual Town Hall allows you to determine:
- What information do employees need and want to know about town hall events?
- What information related to town hall events do employees feel is missing?
- What people-focused goals and objectives have helped improve the town hall event experience?
- What information-focused goals and objectives will help ensure employees have the information they need to attend and participate in town hall events?
- What process-focused goals and objectives will make town hall events more efficient?
Key goals and objectives
Some key goals and objectives to keep in mind when determining KPIs for your Virtual Town Hall include:
- Centralizing information and connecting organizers
- Ensuring employees never miss a town hall
- Staying organized and preparing for what’s next
You should incorporate your Virtual Town Hall Solution into your existing internal business processes. Think about what processes, policies or procedures might have to change or be updated.
- Do SOPs need to be updated? (e.g. choosing and/or booking venues, presentation guidelines and approvals)
- Are there processes that need to change? (e.g. post-event feedback gathering, technical operations for streaming, management of virtual conversations)
Some key areas to pay close attention to when measuring the success of your Virtual Town Hall include:
- Behind the Scenes (working group/planning area)
Below are some recommended KPIs for measuring the success of your Virtual Town Hall. Keep in mind that some of these recommended KPIs will align with your organization's goals and objectives, while others may not. It is critical to align KPIs with your unique goals and objectives to accurately measure success.
- X% decrease in the number of questions related to topics covered at town hall events
- X% Satisfied to Very Satisfied Rating for "Overall, how would you rate your understanding of the organization's goals for the next quarter" (through a Town Hall Feedback Survey)
- X% increase in the number of Views of town hall recordings, if applicable
- X% increase in the number of off-site employees logged into live town hall feed
- X% increase in the number of Microblog articles posted to the "Behind the Scenes" Microblog Channel leading up to a town hall event (recommendation: measure a month before town hall event until the day of event)
- X% increase in page traffic coming from email subscriptions
- X% Increase in the number of town hall event video recordings posted in the Virtual Town Hall
- X% Decrease in the number of questions submitted related to topics covered at a recent town hall event
- Average rating of Satisfied to Very Satisfied for "Overall, how would you rate your town hall experience?" (through a Town Hall Feedback Survey)
- X% increase in the number of contributions to Town Hall Blog or Microblog Articles (Likes, Comments, Ratings)
- X% increase in the number of Views of Town Hall Blog or Microblog Articles
- X% increase in the number of (and frequency of) departments/teams submitted topics for town hall events without being asked
- X% attendance at town hall events (virtual or in-person - consider tracking virtual vs. in-person attendance separately)
- X% increase in the number of views of Recent Town Hall info section
- 100% of departments represented at town hall event through department-specific update/presentation (if departments currently not represented at town hall events, start with a lower percentage and increase gradually)
- X% increase in the number of Forum submissions suggesting presentations/topics for upcoming town hall events
- X% Agree to Completely Agree Rating for "My department's presentation accurately communicated team goals for the next quarter" (through a Town Hall Feedback Survey)
- X% increase in the number of Microblog articles posted in the "Behind the Scenes" area of the Virtual Town Hall
- At least X number of Microblog articles posted by executive team members to the Virtual Town Hall Microblog Channel(s)
Note: KPIs are generally time-based and should be evaluated and/or modified on a specific cadence (e.g. quarterly).