The Social Center is designed to solve business challenges related to culture and employee engagement. Ensure your Social Center Solution delivers the results you need by measuring its success using key performance indicators (KPIs). These outcomes should focus on addressing challenges related to generating a strong, positive corporate culture and active employee engagement.
Measuring against KPIs specific to the Social Center allows you to determine:
- What areas are successful at fostering a strong corporate culture and employee engagement?
- What areas need improvements to drive more engagement?
- What additional goals and objectives are needed to support the adoption of corporate culture?
- What people-focused goals and objectives will foster a positive working environment for all employees?
- What information-focused goals will deliver the type of content employees expect within a social setting?
- What process-focused goals will provide employees with the tools they need to engage with each other through social outlets, including clubs and events?
Key goals and objectives
Some key goals and objectives to keep in mind when determining KPIs for your Social Center include:
- Promoting social clubs and communities
- Promoting a healthy culture
- Fostering employee engagement
You should incorporate your Social Center Solution into your existing internal business processes. Think about what processes, policies or procedures might have to change or be updated.
- Do SOPs need to be updated? (e.g. requesting/implementing social clubs and programs)
- Are there processes that need to change? (e.g. posting and sharing of social information, advertising items employees are selling/looking to purchase)
Some key areas to pay close attention to when measuring the success of your Social Center include:
- Social Clubs
- Photo Wall
Below are some recommended KPIs for measuring the success of your Social Center Solution. Keep in mind that some of these recommended KPIs will align with your organization's goals and objectives, while others may not. It's critical to align KPIs with your unique goals and objectives to accurately measure success.
- X% increase in the number of Microblog Articles posted to the Social Wall
- X number of posts per month/quarter from the Social Committee
- X% increase in page traffic coming from email subscriptions
- X% decrease in the number of mass emails sent/received with non-corporate (social) topics or information
- X% increase in the number of Views of posts in Classified forums
- Average of X% attendance at social events communicated through the Social Zone
- X number of active social clubs with at least X members
- X number of Microblog Articles posted per month by members of the executive/leadership team
- X% increase in the number of Followers of the Classifieds and Discussions sections
- Minimum of X number of Microblog Articles posted to Social Wall about annual events
Note: KPIs are generally time-based and should be evaluated and/or modified on a specific cadence (e.g. quarterly).