The Project Room Solution is designed to solve business challenges related to collaboration between Project Managers and their project team. Ensure your Project Room Solution delivers the results you need by measuring its success using key performance indicators (KPIs). These outcomes should focus on addressing the collaboration challenges your Project members may have, including meeting deadlines, assigning tasks, accessing required meeting materials, and keeping track of meeting notes and dates.
Measuring against KPIs specific to the Project Room allows you to determine:
- What are the most recent progress items or milestones achieved in the project?
- What areas need improvements to support better collaboration?
- What goals and objectives are needed to further support more efficient and effective collaboration between Project Management and members?
- What information is most important to stakeholders who are external to the project?
- What people-focused goals and objectives have helped to strengthen the collaborative relationships required?
- What information-focused goals will support the sharing of vital information across the team while ensuring confidential information is protected?
- What process-focused goals will provide more innovative approaches to meeting deadlines and keeping track of milestones and project objectives?
Key goals and objectives
Some key goals and objectives to keep in mind when determining KPIs for your Project Room include:
- Streamlining meeting processes
- Eliminating risks of information leaks and losses
- Maintaining project momentum
You should incorporate your Project Room Solution into your existing internal business processes. Think about what processes, policies or procedures might have to change or be updated.
- Do SOPs need to be updated? (e.g. capturing reporting information, identifying risks and escalations, storing and sharing of meeting notes and tasks)
- Are there processes that need to change? (e.g. Steering Committee arrangements, budget reporting)
Some key areas to pay close attention to when measuring the success of your Boardroom include:
- Project Details
- Project Discussions
- Schedules & Tasks
- Meeting Room
Below are some recommended KPIs for measuring the success of your Project Room Solution. Keep in mind that some of these recommended KPIs will align with your organization's goals and objectives, while others may not. It is critical to align KPIs with your unique goals and objectives to accurately measure success.
- X% increase in the number of Microblog Articles posted to the Project Updates Channel
- X% increase in the number of views of Microblog Articles posted to the Project Updates Channel
- X% of Project or Stakeholder-related communications occurring in the Project Room Solution
- X% decrease in the number of missing Meeting Notes from the Meeting Room section
- 100% of all Project-related meetings included in the Meeting Room Calendar
- 100% of all reports required for Steering Committee meetings published using the Documentation Folder Channels
- 100% of milestones tracked in the Project Room Solution
- X% increase in the number of views of Files and Resources
- X% increase in conversations occurring in Discussion Forum Channels
Note: KPIs are generally time-based and should be evaluated and/or modified on a specific cadence (e.g. quarterly).