The Management Center is designed to improve the collaborative relationship between your C-level executives and leaders. Ensure your Management Center Solution delivers the results you need by measuring its success using key performance indicators (KPIs). These outcomes should focus on the collaboration challenges your leaders face.
Measuring against KPIs specific to the Management Center allows you to determine:
- What areas are successful at improving collaboration among your executives, managers, and leaders?
- What areas need improvements to better enable the collaborative efforts of your management team?
- What additional goals and objectives are needed to further enable your C-level leaders within the digital workplace?
- What people-focused goals and objectives improved the collaborative relationships of leaders across different teams?
- What information-focused goals will improve the sharing of knowledge between leaders within your organization?
- What process-focused goals will help leaders build valuable documentation around best practices and other thought leadership?
Key goals and objectives
Some key goals and objectives to keep in mind when determining KPIs for your Management Center include:
- Aligning leaders to strategy, vision, and culture
- Honing leadership skills
- Planning for success
You should incorporate your Management Center Solution into your existing internal business processes. Think about what processes, policies or procedures might have to change or be updated.
- Do SOPs need to be updated? (e.g. registering for leadership courses, applying for professional development or mentoring programs)
- Are there processes that need to change? (e.g. planning processes, storing and updating meeting notes, sharing best practices)
Some key areas to pay close attention to when measuring the success of your Management Center include:
- Planning area
- Training Quick Links
- Objectives area
- Meeting Room
- Best Practices area
- Peer Groups
Below are some recommended KPIs for measuring the success of your Management Center Solution. Keep in mind that some of these recommended KPIs will align with your organization's goals and objectives, while others may not. It is critical to align KPIs with your unique goals and objectives to accurately measure success.
- X% increase in the number of Microblog Articles posted to the Manager/Director "Talk" Channels
- X% increase in the number of Views of Microblog Articles posted to the Manager/Director "Talk" Channels
- X% increase in the number of Views of the Discussions Forum
- X% decrease in the number of missing Meeting Notes from the Meeting Room area of the Management Center
- 100% of all Management related meetings included in the Meeting Room Calendar
- X% increase in the number of Tasks added to Company-Wide Objectives area of the Management Center
- 100% of Managers and/or Directors represented in the Management Center Directors and/or Managers group
- X% increase in the number of Views of Best Practices Wiki Articles
- X% increase in the number of best practices submissions through the Management Center (versus email or other channel of communication)
- X% increase in the number of Contributions (Likes, Comments, Ratings) made to Microblog Articles posted to the Planning Microblog Channel
- X% increase in the number of Microblog Articles posted to the Planning Microblog Channel (Quick Planning Updates)
- X% increase in the number of Views of Microblog Articles posted to the Planning Microblog Channel
Note: KPIs are generally time-based and should be evaluated and/or modified on a specific cadence (e.g. quarterly).