The Customer KB is designed to solve business challenges related to knowledge management. Ensure your Customer KB Solution delivers the results you need by measuring its success using key performance indicators (KPIs). These outcomes should focus on addressing knowledge management of your win stories, logos, case studies and references to your customers.
Measuring against KPIs specific to the Customer KB allows you to determine:
- What content is being utilized for reference and communication with customers?
- What tactics have been successful in engaging with customers in the past?
- What trends are evident in customer close rates and pipeline generation?
- What assets are available to generate ROI data and insight into customers' journeys?
- Who are the key SMEs per customer account/industry?
Key goals and objectives
Some key goals and objectives to keep in mind when determining KPIs for your Customer KB include:
- Increasing effectiveness in ongoing account management
- Fostering a culture of engagement
- Driving consistency of customer service
You should incorporate your Customer KB Solution into your existing internal business processes. Think about what processes, policies or procedures might have to change or be updated.
- Do SOPs need to be updated? (e.g. adding extra step of writing win story at the completion of a deal)
- Are there processes that need to change? (e.g. how to work through providing access to customer content available for use)
Some key areas to pay close attention to when measuring the success of your Customer KB include:
- Customer KB homepage
- Win story channel template
- Search capability
- Testimonial content
Below are some recommended KPIs for measuring the success of your Customer KB Solution. Keep in mind that some of these recommended KPIs will align with your organization's goals and objectives, while others may not. It's critical to align KPIs with your unique goals and objectives to accurately measure success.
- X% decrease in the number of inquiries sent to Sales related to customer details
- X% decrease in the number of inquiries related to customer deals
- X% increase in the number of views of posts in the Testimonials Blog Channel
- X% decrease in the number of emails sent to Sales team members regarding customer details or deals
- X% decrease in the number of outdated Sales and Customer Assets available company-wide (version control)
- X% increase in the number of documents posted in the Case Studies Folder Channel
- X% decrease in the number of instances of inconsistent Sales approaches/agreements
- X% increase in the number of document downloads from the Assets Library
- X% increase in the number of Contributions (Likes, Comments, Ratings) to posts in the Testimonials Blog Channel
- X% increase in the number of views of posts in Win Stories Update Channel
- X% increase in the number of views of Folders/Files in the Asset Library
- X% decrease in the number of times outdated Sales templates or assets are used (e.g. PPT templates, letterhead, logos, etc.)
- X% decrease in time spent maintaining and updating customer stories
- X% decrease in the time spent capturing consistent sections of customer stories
Note: KPIs are generally time-based and should be evaluated and/or modified on a specific cadence (e.g. quarterly).