- Join Now
Team Room - Solution Roadmap
The Team Room Solution comes with a pre-configured template. Our Consultants and Configuration Specialists use this template as the baseline for your implementation. The focus of the implementation is on design, configuration, content, and training.
These are the major implementation initiatives for the Team Room Solution:
- Information architecture: Review the Solution architecture.
- Homepage: Surface the most important content and areas within the Solution on the homepage to provide an at-a-glance view and easy access to relevant content.
- Site map: Update the site map based on mutually agreed to modifications (e.g. moving, deleting, adding pages and/or applications).
- Configuration: Update the Solution configuration settings.
- Users & Groups: Add groups and users to the Solution.
- Content: Add content (e.g. news, events, files, instructions) from any team archives or file storage systems to the Solution. This may include uploading previous files, knowledge base articles, meeting notes and standard operating procedures in the appropriate area of the solution.
- Design: Apply the visual design to the Solution (e.g. global CSS changes, header, footer, banners, icons).
- Testing: Do a quality assurance sweep of the Solution (e.g. broken links, navigation, permissions).
- Training: Train key stakeholders on the Solution (e.g. team leadership and members) by providing clear and concise instructions within the Solution content.
Drive engagement and adoption
It's time to launch your Team Room Solution. With the help of Igloo Solution Consultants, you can take the next steps towards success, ensuring you drive adoption and engagement. As your organization and digital workplace grow and evolve, so will the needs of your teams. Use the tactics recommended below to ensure you have a successful launch, drive engagement, and expand your Team Room to meet evolving needs.
- Simplify the experience: Provide clear and simple instructions and calls-to-action to drive the desired experience without the need for formal training.
- Define a Team Room template: Easily deploy new Team Rooms via configured templates as additional teams come on-board and minimize the amount of configuration required in each instance.
- Request management: Identify and publicize a procedure for requesting a new team room or archiving an old one.
- Complete profiles: Encourage the team members to fill out their profiles within the digital workplace.
- Keep it clean: Use a clear and concise architecture to keep it simple and easy-to-use.
- Integrate: Include IT approved tools to increase adoption (Zendesk for IT, Box for Marketing, etc) and build on familiarity across the team.
- Communicate: Encourage team leads to exclusively use the Team Room for key files, procedures, and communications.
- Keep it fun: Use the Social Chat Microblog Channel to build project team camaraderie and celebrate successes.
This Solution should be managed by the Project Manager or Project Management Office.
- Check security: Check and test all groups, roles, and permissions before going live using sample content to ensure security expectations are met, in case any content is highly confidential.
- Communicate updates: All updates to team members should be communicated via the Team Room to assist with compliance, auditing, and to leverage lessons learned.
- Provide quarterly assessments: Provide quarterly summaries about changes and updates to the Solution or templates requested by executive leadership (e.g. feedback gathered via employee surveys).
- Poll widget: Create a mechanism for employee feedback and to take action on suggestions.
- Promote thought leadership: Include microblogs to facilitate conversations around specific topics that are of interest to your team members and the organization.
- Increase visibility: Incorporate the Igloo Status Widget to provide high-level updates for the overall team and related projects and initiatives.
- Reassess metrics: Review objectives and KPIs to refine them and continue to mature and maximize the business value of the Solution.
Viewed 101 times