- Join Now
Team Room - Business Outcomes
The Team Room Solution is designed to solve business challenges related to collaboration between team managers/leads and members. Ensure your Team Room Solution delivers the results you need by measuring its success using key performance indicators (KPIs). These outcomes should focus on addressing the collaboration challenges your team members may have, including accessing required files and procedures, keeping track of important dates, action items and sharing links and updates.
Measuring against KPIs specific to the Team Room allows you to determine:
- What are the most recent progress items or milestones achieved by the team?
- What areas need improvements to support better collaboration?
- What goals and objectives are needed to further support more efficient and effective collaboration between team leadership and members?
- What information is most important in conveying to other employees, external to the team?
- What people-focused goals and objectives have helped to strengthen the collaborative relationships required?
- What information-focused goals will support the sharing of vital information across the team while ensuring confidential information is protected?
- What process-focused goals will provide more innovative approaches to meeting deadlines and keeping track of knowledge and team objectives?
Key goals and objectives
Some key goals and objectives to keep in mind when determining KPIs for your Team Room include:
- Publicizing team members and their areas of expertise
- Increasing awareness of team objectives, internally and across the organization
- Providing a knowledge repository of key resources and communications
- Increasing employee engagement at the team/department level
You should incorporate your Team Room Solution into your existing internal business processes. Think about what processes, policies or procedures might have to change or be updated.
- Do SOPs need to be updated? (e.g. capturing policy information and updates, assigning action items, storing and publishing content)
- Are there processes that need to change? (e.g. Project Prioritization Procedures)
Some key areas to pay close attention to when measuring the success of your Team Room include:
- Team Files and Procedures
- Team Calendar
- Team Discussions
- Action Items
Below are some recommended KPIs for measuring the success of your Team Room Solution. Keep in mind that some of these recommended KPIs will align with your organization's goals and objectives, while others may not. It is critical to align KPIs with your unique goals and objectives to accurately measure success.
- X% increase in the number of Microblog Articles posted to the Chat Channel
- X% increase in the number of views of Blog Articles posted to the Team News Channel
- X% of team communications occurring in the Team Room Solution
- X% decrease in the number of missing team collateral from the Files section
- 100% of all team-related meetings included in the Team Room Calendar
- X% reduction of emails from internal and external staff requesting team-related materials
- X% increase in the number of views of Files and Resources
- X% increase in conversations occurring in Discussion Forum Channels
Note: KPIs are generally time-based and should be evaluated and/or modified on a specific cadence (e.g. quarterly).
Viewed 120 times