- Join Now
Social Clubs - Solution Roadmap
The Social Clubs Solution comes with a pre-configured template. Our Consultants and Configuration Specialists use this template as the baseline for your implementation. The focus of the implementation is on design, configuration, content, and training.
These are the major implementation initiatives for the Social Clubs Solution:
- Information architecture: Review the Solution architecture. Your Social Clubs should be related in the architecture to a more broad Social Zone, if you have one.
- Homepage: Surface the most important content and areas within the Solution on the homepage to provide an at-a-glance view and easy access to relevant content.
- Site map: Update the site map based on mutually agreed to modifications (e.g. moving, deleting, adding pages and/or applications).
- Configuration: Update the Solution configuration settings.
- Users & Groups: Add groups and users to the Solution. For this Solution, you'll need to have employees "sign-up" for clubs before creating the appropriate Member Groups/Space Groups within your digital workplace.
- Content: Add content (e.g. club descriptions, photos from previous events, a few microblog posts to get the ball rolling, etc.). This may include uploading photos from past events to have something visual to display right away.
- Design: Apply the visual design to the Solution (e.g. global CSS changes, header, footer, banners, icons).
- Testing: Do a quality assurance sweep of the Solution (e.g. broken links, navigation, permissions).
- Training: Train key stakeholders on the Solution (e.g. Social Committee, club leaders, organizers) by providing clear and concise instructions within the Solution content.
Drive engagement and adoption
It's time to launch your Social Clubs Solution. With the help of Igloo Solution Consultants, you can take the next steps towards success, ensuring you drive adoption and engagement. As your organization and digital workplace grow and evolve, so will the needs of your social programs and initiatives. Use the tactics recommended below to ensure you have a successful launch, drive engagement, and expand your Social Clubs to meet the expectations of your employees.
- Make it fun and engaging: This is a social Solution so take this opportunity to make the launch fun and engaging, aligning with corporate culture and creating a sense of excitement and unity.
- Identify a few advocates/Social Club owners: These individuals may have a Social Club already running within the company and here is their chance to get organized and publicize their club on the digital workplace!
- Post welcome messages: The Social Clubs should be welcoming and encouraging for people to join. Send a message out to a Microblog channel to get everyone interested.
- Include updates in a more broad 'Recent Activity' widget: Show your company what is going on around the other Social Clubs and what a great employee experience is available to everyone by surfacing updates in a Social Zone or News area of the digital workplace.
- Gather feedback and suggestions: Allow employees to suggest new clubs and programs. This not only engages employees but helps you deliver social opportunities your know your employees want.
- Include in onboarding: Show new joiners what a great place they've chosen for their careers! Highlight all the most active and interesting clubs they can opt to join.
- Highlight a club every month: Is one of the Social Clubs particularly active, unique or doing good for the community? Create a blog post spotlight on this Club to celebrate your rich corporate culture.
This Solution should be managed by Human Resources and/or your social committee.
- Communicate updates: As this area in your digital workplace grows, make sure you launch new clubs through proper communications that create excitement.
- Monitor activity: Run annual audit reports on activity to ensure clubs are still relevant and being used.
- Identify a panel to permission clubs: This task should not fall to only one individual, nor should it be a vast group. Identify a small group that are able to permission new club requests and track these efficiently with a Discussion Forum Channel by 'marking as complete'.
- Leverage feedback: Review and incorporate feedback from frequent users of the Solution to include updates and changes that have an impact. Deliver social programs your employees want to show them that you're listening and value their input when it comes to creating a great corporate culture.
- Reassess metrics: Review objectives and KPIs to refine them and continue to mature and maximize the business value of the Solution.
- Review active clubs: Ensure your digital workplace isn't being populated with inactive spaces. Review activity levels and reach out to owners if one of your clubs looks a bit dormant to see if they still need the Solution for their group.
Viewed 89 times