- Join Now
Request Center - Solution Roadmap
The Request Center Solution comes with a pre-configured template. Our Consultants and Configuration Specialists use this template as the baseline for your implementation. The focus of the implementation is on design, configuration, content, and training.
These are the major implementation initiatives for the Request Center Solution:
- Information architecture: Review the Solution architecture.
- Homepage: Surface the most important calls-to-action and updates within the Solution on the homepage to provide an at-a-glance view and easy access to relevant content.
- Site map: Update the site map based on mutually agreed to modifications (e.g. moving, deleting, adding pages and/or applications).
- Configuration: Update the Solution configuration settings.
- Users & Groups: Add groups and users to the Solution. Be sure to ensure the right groups can 'Write' to channels you created to capture their requests.
- Content: Add content (e.g. best practices, expectation setting and channel templates) and apply permissions.
- Design: Apply the visual design to the Solution (e.g. global CSS changes, header, footer, banners, icons).
- Testing: Do a quality assurance sweep of the Solution (e.g. broken links, navigation, permissions).
- Training: Train key stakeholders on the Solution (e.g. Human Resources, Team Leads and IT) through engaging, easy-to-consume content.
Drive engagement and adoption
Once you've determined the architecture and the content that will live in your new Request Center, it's time to get ready to launch, engage, and evolve. Use the recommended tactics below to successfully launch your Request Center, maximize adoption, drive engagement, and expand the Solution for long-term success.
- Pre-populate with requests you've already captured: Add in a pre-defined list of prior requests you are aware of or are working on to show that you've been listening and to make the space feel 'busy' right from the start. This will help to make the Solution a safe space for people to voice their requests in a place where they will be actioned.
- Identify your Champions: Plan to engage the necessary SMEs who will act as champions once the Solution is live. Ask them to actively monitor the Request Center and respond proactively.
- Let your users know you want to hear from them: Draw attention to the Request Center early, leading up to launch so you can capture users' requests right away.
- Poll employees: Use the Poll Widget to gauge success, determine new request categories.
- Let users know the impact of their feedback: Highlight implemented requests and the related rationale. Create communications around what the team is doing with requests through success stories, information architecture changes and the positive impact of the Solution.
This Solution should be managed by Digital Workplace Management team, and key resources in departments like Human Resources, IT.
- Use departmental channels: Set up request channels for each department to collect requests from all employees.
- Ensure new requests are seen quickly: Set subscriptions (e.g. daily subscriptions are recommended) to ensure SMEs are receiving updates on requests for their departments.
- Engage employees: Encourage requests from employees by opening up commenting, rating, and likes on items.
- Measure success: Review analytics and check against defined success metrics to determine what's working and what's not.
- Manage growth: Create policies for managing this Solution moving forward (e.g. adding new channels, giving administrative access to new users, defining appropriate/inappropriate content, etc.).
- Assign ownership: Define a Digital Workplace Manager or management team who is responsible for all request activities at a strategic and tactical level to be sure items don't get missed.
- Generate and circulate success stories: Identify which teams can share stories on how requests being fulfilled has made a positive impact on the organization. Track a significant request and show how the idea started and describe how it turned out as well as the key impacts.
- Utilize the Status Widget: Show the number of requests received and how many have been implemented, etc.
- Leverage frequent users: Review and incorporate feedback from your Champions or Advocates to include updates and changes that have an impact.
- Reassess metrics: Review objectives and KPIs to refine them and continue to mature and maximize the business value of the Solution.
Viewed 87 times