- Join Now
Recognition Center - Solution Roadmap
The Recognition Center Solution comes with a pre-configured template. Our Consultants and Configuration Specialists use this template as the baseline for your implementation. The focus of the implementation is on design, configuration, content, and training.
These are the major implementation initiatives for the Recognition Center Solution:
- Information architecture: Review the Solution architecture.
- Homepage: Surface the most important content and areas within the Solution on the homepage to provide an at-a-glance view and easy access to relevant content.
- Site map: Update the site map based on mutually agreed to modifications (e.g. moving, deleting, adding pages and/or applications).
- Configuration: Update the Solution configuration settings.
- Users & Groups: Add groups and users to the Solution.
- Content: Add content (e.g. core values, kudos, announcements) and apply permissions.
- Design: Apply the visual design to the Solution (e.g. global CSS changes, header, footer, banners, icons).
- Testing: Do a quality assurance sweep of the Solution (e.g. broken links, navigation, permissions).
- Training: Train key stakeholders on the Solution (e.g. Human Resources).
- Integration: Consider integrating with other employee recognition solutions, such as Bonus.ly and Achievers.
Drive engagement and adoption
A successful launch will ensure you get the Recognition Center off to a good start, driving adoption and engagement. To get the most out of your Newsroom it's also important to evolve, keeping it fresh and relevant for users. Use the tactics below to prepare a successful launch, drive engagement, and consider unique ways to expand the Recognition Center as your digital workplace evolves.
- Market it: Create a marketing plan to drop hints through your main organizational Blog or Microblog about your new Recognition Center. Create a few teaser posts and even include a screenshot in advance to build hype around the launch.
- Post first: Post a few kudos prior to launching your solution so users don't have to worry about being the first to post.
- Link to it: You've determined this is an important aspect of your digital workplace because of its influence on your culture and employee engagement. Now make sure employees can get to it. Place links to the Recognition Center in department solutions, your homepage, and your Newsroom.
- Subscribe members: At launch, start with some instant subscriptions on your Kudos Channel.
- Offer anonymous posting: If you're not seeing traction on your open Forum, or you want to expand recognition to a larger quarterly distribution, use a GoogleForms or WuFoo embedded form in your Solution. It doesn't require employees to submit their names when they recognize someone.
- Feature employees: Create a Blog Channel to post about your quarterly recognized employees, or about those that have gone above and beyond being recognized at a leadership level.
This Solution should be managed by the HR team.
- Align with HR: Align this Solution with internal HR policies and procedures (e.g. performance management, salary/bonuses).
- Provide guidelines: Create policies and procedures which guide the overall Solution (e.g. submissions, voting, awards, communications).
- Introduce different levels: Determine different recognition levels to include in your program (e.g. individual, team, corporate).
- Determine cadence: Determine the frequency of recognition programs (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Plan for new programs: Determine policies and procedures for submitting/approving new recognition programs.
- Plan for retiring programs: Determine policies and procedures for sunsetting existing recognition programs as they become outdated or can be replaced with new programs.
- Align with corporate culture: Determine how to align recognition programs with corporate culture (e.g. core values) and include those tactics in your policies, procedures, and other guidelines.
- Integrate with other recognition solutions: Integrate with employee recognition solutions like Bonus.ly and Achievers to bring employee recognition and rewards together in a single, unified solution.
- Use enhancements: Use the tabbed Widgets to add your offerings of additional forms, Forum Channels, or Blog Channels for easy interaction horizontally (instead of vertical scrolling).
- Leverage feedback: Review and incorporate feedback from frequent users of the Solution to include updates and changes that have an impact.
- Reassess metrics: Review objectives and KPIs to refine them and continue to mature and maximize the business value of the Solution.
Viewed 204 times