- Join Now
Onboarding Center - Solution Roadmap
The Onboarding Center Solution comes with a pre-configured template. Our Consultants and Configuration Specialists use this template as the baseline for your implementation. The focus of the implementation is on design, configuration, content, and training.
These are the major implementation initiatives for the Onboarding Center Solution:
- Information architecture: Review the Solution architecture.
- Homepage: Surface the most important content and areas within the Solution on the homepage to provide an at-a-glance view and easy access to relevant content.
- Site map: Update the site map based on mutually agreed to modifications (e.g. moving, deleting, adding pages and/or applications).
- Configuration: Update the Solution configuration settings.
- Users & Groups: Add groups and users to the Solution.
- Content: Add content (e.g. corporate information and guidelines, welcome messages, onboarding agendas, FAQs) and apply permissions.
- Design: Apply the visual design to the Solution (e.g. global CSS changes, header, footer, banners, icons).
- Testing: Do a quality assurance sweep of the Solution (e.g. broken links, navigation, permissions).
- Training: Train key stakeholders on the Solution (e.g. Human Resources, Department Heads) through engaging, easy-to-consume content.
Drive engagement and adoption
Launching the Onboarding Center is an opportunity to support and guide the employee journey from day one. As your organization evolves, so will the Onboarding Center to better serve employees. Follow the recommended tactics below to effectively launch your Solution and find opportunities to enhance it over time.
- Promote the launch: Have all employees participate in the launch of the Onboarding Center, regardless of how long they've worked at the company. This will be beneficial for adoption and engagement.
- Subscribe members: Subscribe a subset of existing employees to all forums, so they can assist in managing the incoming questions and provide insight.
- Populate content: Add content to your forums prior to launch. This will help show employees where they can add content, and what type of content to add. This helps to get the ball rolling as most employees don't want to be the first to post something.
- Gather feedback: Insert a feedback form, anonymous or not, to receive details on how to improve the onboarding experience.
- Request leader participation: Have your leaders post to this area frequently, welcoming new employees and answering questions. This demonstrates their involvement in the company and shows they're welcoming to the new talent. Managers or supervisors that work closely with the employees should do the same to build rapport.
- Post events: Organize and post events for new hires to keep them coming back for their first 30 to 60 days.
- Use links: If you’re using the HR News channel in your Newsroom to announce new employees, link back to the Introductions area here for people to interact. Link to new employees' profiles as well, so current employees can learn about their new colleagues
This Solution is managed by the Chief People Officer and/or HR team.
- Start with a plan: Set up a corporate onboarding program that utilizes the Onboarding Center Solution.
- Create departmental experiences: Set up team-specific onboarding programs (e.g. departmental, offices, business units, franchises, etc.).
- Address the needs of different roles: Set up various levels of onboarding programs (e.g. individual contributor, manager, executive).
- Delegate ownership: Determine owners of team-specific programs, content, and outcomes (e.g. onboarding flow, mentors, testing, etc.).
- Plan for future improvements: Set up employee post-program feedback mechanisms to improve content moving forward.
- Host regular meetings: Set up a quarterly meeting to discuss changes and updates to the onboarding program(s).
- Consider integrations: Determine how the onboarding program integrates with other HR programs (e.g. kudos, performance management, etc.).
- Add more to your Learning Zone: Over time, add more information to your Learning Zone. You can start to expand these accordion tabs into groups by adding HTML content with graphics in between to differentiate various areas.
- Add new areas: Add new areas that are relevant to your employees' journey, such as guiding them to their department onboarding. You can base new additions on the feedback you receive from users.
- Add social aspects: Add a social aspect by including a Photo Gallery for “First Day” at your organization. With an employee’s permission, take their photo and upload them either to a folder or microblog where the employee can post one fun fact about themselves. You'll boost culture and engagement.
- Pair with the Employee Handbook: Pair this Solution with the Employee Handbook to create a superior employee onboarding experience.
- Leverage feedback: Review and incorporate feedback from frequent users of the Solution to include updates and changes that have an impact.
- Reassess metrics: Review objectives and KPIs to refine them and continue to mature and maximize the business value of the Solution.
Viewed 161 times