- Join Now
Newsroom - Solution Roadmap
The Newsroom Solution comes with a pre-configured template. Our Consultants and Configuration Specialists use this template as the baseline for your implementation. The focus of the implementation is on design, configuration, content, and training.
These are the major implementation initiatives for the Newsroom Solution:
- Information architecture: Review the Solution architecture.
- Homepage: Surface the most important news articles and/or channels within the Solution on the homepage to provide an at-a-glance view and easy access to relevant content.
- Site map: Update the site map based on mutually agreed to modifications (e.g. moving, deleting, adding pages and/or applications).
- Configuration: Update the Solution configuration settings.
- Users & Groups: Add groups and users to the Solution.
- Content: Add content (e.g. CEO blog articles, company updates, feature news, industry news, highlights) and apply permissions.
- Design: Apply the visual design to the Solution (e.g. global CSS changes, header, footer, banners, icons).
- Testing: Do a quality assurance sweep of the Solution (e.g. broken links, navigation, permissions).
- Training: Train key stakeholders on the Solution (e.g. Corporate Communications, Human Resources, departmental leaders).
Drive engagement and adoption
Igloo Solution Consultants help get you started on the right foot when it comes to implementing your Newsroom. Launching your Newsroom is the next step towards success, ensuring you drive adoption and engagement. To get the most out of your Newsroom it's also important to evolve the solution, keeping it fresh, relevant, and helpful for users. The tactics below will help you launch, maintain, and grow a successful Newsroom.
- Provide context: Populate Channels with content prior to launch so users can see your Newsroom in context.
- Get the conversation started: If your goal is to have users comment and take part in the posted news, seek out a few champions to start things off. Ensure the posts are short and conversational.
- Call on all users: Leverage your Quick Links or CTAs to encourage people to comment and interact with content. Point them to areas where they can post, such as Great Finds in Industry News.
- Subscribe users: At launch, start with some instant subscriptions on a couple of key Channels. Don’t bombard your users initially because they'll be more likely to unfollow.
- Don’t overuse subscriptions: Allow employees to self-select to follow content they're interested in.
- Create a content calendar: Create a regular posting schedule for content within your Newsroom to keep things fresh. Don’t hesitate to establish some posting guidelines so you have a consistent style throughout.
This Solution should be managed by Corporate Communications and/or the HR team.
- Use departmental channels: Set up news channels for each department to broadcast updates to all employees.
- Ensure wide-spread updates: Set subscriptions (e.g. daily subscriptions are recommended) to ensure all employees are receiving corporate news updates.
- Ensure consistent, engaging content: Set guidelines for all published articles (e.g. format, length, content, frequency).
- Engage employees: Encourage feedback from employees by opening up commenting, rating, and likes on articles.
- Measure success: Review analytics to determine which channels/authors receive the highest engagement levels to determine what's working and what's not.
- Manage growth: Create policies for managing this Solution moving forward (e.g. adding new channels, giving access to new authors, defining appropriate/inappropriate content, etc.).
- Add new themes: When you're ready to add new Channels based on Line of Business, Department, or Group, add them under the Newsroom Space so it will populate into the Channels Widget.
- Evolve your news: If you're looking to expand your Newsroom to more defined streams such as corporate updates and department news, add tabs to the homepage to display these two categories using the HTML Widget.
- Add thought leadership: Expand your Newsroom to include thought leadership articles from within your company.
- Leverage feedback: Review and incorporate feedback from frequent users of the Solution to include updates and changes that have an impact.
- Reassess metrics: Review objectives and KPIs to refine them and continue to mature and maximize the business value of the Solution.
Viewed 125 times