- Join Now
Management Center - Solution Roadmap
The Management Center Solution comes with a pre-configured template. Our Consultants and Configuration Specialists use this template as the baseline for your implementation. The focus of the implementation is on design, configuration, content, and training.
These are the major implementation initiatives for the Management Center Solution:
- Information architecture: Review the Solution architecture.
- Homepage: Surface the most important content and areas within the Solution on the homepage to provide an at-a-glance view and easy access to relevant content.
- Site map: Update the site map based on mutually agreed to modifications (e.g. moving, deleting, adding pages and/or applications).
- Configuration: Update the Solution configuration settings.
- Users & Groups: Add groups and users to the Solution.
- Content: Add content (e.g. company goals and objectives, best practices, announcements, etc.) and apply permissions.
- Design: Apply the visual design to the Solution (e.g. global CSS changes, header, footer, banners, icons).
- Testing: Do a quality assurance sweep of the Solution (e.g. broken links, navigation, permissions).
- Training: Train key stakeholders on the Solution (e.g. leaders, managers, supervisors) using brief, self-service materials that meet the needs of this audience group who has limited time for formal training.
Drive engagement and adoption
When your Management Center is ready to launch, it's important to determine how you will drive adoption and engagement in the short and long-term. Use the recommended tactics below to complete a successful launch, engage users regularly, and expand your Management Center as your digital workplace evolves.
- Populate content: Add content to your Management Center Channels before launch to provide users with context and examples of quality content suitable for this Solution.
- Start the conversation: If your goal is to have users comment and engage with the news, seek out a few champions to start things off with short, conversational posts. This encourages other users to do the same, since people can be hesitant to post in a brand new Channel.
- Schedule training: Provide training to your users so they understand how to use this area to its maximum potential and gain traction with their contributions.
- Stagger release: Release sections of your Management Center over the course of a few weeks to let your users learn one area at a time and drive excitement through anticipation.
- Recruit champions: Ensure you have a few early adopters who can jump into the Forums to post and answer questions. You'll provide examples of what others can accomplish.
- Rotate quick links: Update quick links frequently to drive users to important content or Channels that should be prominent. Changing up these quick links always keeps the Solution fresh and ensures you're driving users to information that's relevant now.
- Publish thought leadership: While you're targeting directors, managers, and even supervisors and team leads, always have your C-Level executives submit articles or provide insight into their social media.
- Show recent comments: Feature the latest comments on the homepage through a Recent Comments Widget to drive others to interact and join in the conversation.
This Solution should be managed by someone in the C-Suite, preferably the CEO and/or COO.
- Host meetings for different management levels: Set regular leadership meetings by level (e.g. managers, directors, executives).
- Provide meeting details: Set meeting agendas with clear expectations, outcomes, and tasks.
- Communicate consistently: Ensure all leadership updates (applicable to everyone) are communicated through the Solution - no exceptions.
- Focus communications: Set up communication channels by each management level (e.g. managers, directors, executives).
- Link to key information: Create links to leadership resources and tools within your digital workplace for quick access to:
- Mission and Vision Statement
- HR tools (e.g. recruiting, performance management)
- SOPs and policies
- Corporate news (e.g. for quick publishing of updates)
- Enable planning: Set up a business planning area within the Solution to manage business plans, MBOs, and financial reports.
- Provide updates: Broadcast updates to your leadership team on a regular basis using applicable communication standards.
- Add new Channels: When you're ready to add new Channels based on a new Best Practice or new Peer Group, be sure to add it under the respective area so it will populate.
- Support productive relationships: Create additional Peer Groups to allow different levels of management to collaborate and communicate (e.g. new management, new leaders, mentorship).
- Leverage feedback: Review and incorporate feedback from frequent users of the Solution to include updates and changes that have an impact.
- Reassess metrics: Review objectives and KPIs to refine them and continue to mature and maximize the business value of the Solution.
Viewed 194 times