- Join Now
Brand KB - Solution Roadmap
The Brand KB Solution comes with a pre-configured template. Our Consultants and Configuration Specialists use this template as the baseline for your implementation. The focus of the implementation is on design, configuration, content, and training.
These are the major implementation initiatives for the Brand KB Solution:
- Information architecture: Review the Solution architecture.
- Homepage: Surface the most important content and areas within the Solution on the homepage to provide an at-a-glance view and easy access to relevant content.
- Site map: Update the site map based on mutually agreed to modifications (e.g. moving, deleting, adding pages and/or applications).
- Configuration: Update the Solution configuration settings.
- Users & Groups: Add groups and users to the Solution.
- Content: Add content (e.g. guidelines, assets, collateral, instructions) and apply permissions.
- Design: Apply the visual design to the Solution (e.g. global CSS changes, header, footer, banners, icons).
- Testing: Do a quality assurance sweep of the Solution (e.g. broken links, navigation, permissions).
- Training: Train key stakeholders on the Solution (e.g. Marketing, Corporate Communications) through engaging, easy-to-consume content.
Drive engagement and adoption
Once you've determined the architecture and the content that will live in your new Brand KB, it's time to get ready to launch, engage, and evolve. Use the recommended tactics below to successfully launch your Brand KB, maximize adoption, drive engagement, and expand the Solution for long-term success.
- Develop a communication strategy: Determine your plan for subscriptions taking into account roles, frequency, and content type to ensure the right information gets to the right people at the right time.
- Introduce your experts: You'll be listing your Brand Experts in your Member Widget on the landing page so make sure that their profiles are complete, including their skills and expertise.
- Create a content plan: Define Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and communicate ownership of Brand KB areas, types of collateral, etc., then create a maintenance schedule and content plan that's updated by the assigned plan owner.
- Broadcast assets: On a regular schedule, share various assets through the broadcast feature to remind users where they are and what they have access to. This is especially helpful if you've recently completed a brand refresh.
- Educate your audience: Create a quick intro video to showcase what the Brand KB is and how you should use it.
- Digitize your brand guidelines: Include interactive elements within your brand guidelines to make it easier for your employees to access assets while they are consuming the related instructions (e.g Include a "Download Logo" option directly in line with the preview of it).
- Drive change: As you're introducing your Brand KB, ensure your brand team directs any employees that are still emailing for content to the Brand KB instead. It has all the features they need and enables them to make additional requests. This also ensures adoption of the Solution.
- Follow your content plan: Ensure your content is fresh, relevant, and accurate through regular maintenance and the addition of new content as needed. Following your content plan is crucial for a robust KB.
This Solution should be managed by the team who owns your corporate brand (i.e. Marketing, Corporate Communications).
- Align with your brand: Align the Solution with your corporate branding guidelines.
- Keep content/assets up-to-date: Content in the Brand KB should be updated according to the updating schedule of your branding guidelines.
- Review regularly: Perform quarterly reviews of Brand KB content, guidelines, and assets to ensure the right materials are being used and to keep content relevant so employees know they are always using the latest versions.
- Address gaps: As brand guidelines get updated, your experts should address content gaps based on feedback from users.
- Extend past the brand: Incorporate pre-approved content (such as a photo gallery) for users to create their own assets that are still on brand (e.g. PowerPoint presentations).
- Enable brand workflows: Enable workflows to facilitate brand-related requests, such as business cards. Include the various requirements in a Forum Channel template and provide examples of what's possible.
- Leverage feedback: Review and incorporate feedback from frequent users of the Solution to include updates and changes that have an impact.
- Reassess metrics: Review objectives and KPIs to refine them and continue to mature and maximize the business value of the Solution.
Viewed 129 times