The DNA of your corporate culture
Employees today want to feel part of something bigger than themselves and their jobs. Millennials are motivated by more than salary – they want to ensure their needs and values are consistent with the larger workplace culture. Organizations with a thriving culture are reaping the benefits: they attract the best talent, have the lowest turnover, and are more profitable in the long term. We live in the age of the empowered employee, so maximizing adoption and engagement is mission critical to any successful digital workplace solution.
Perks like espresso machines, ping pong tables, and annual off-site getaways only support your culture after it’s firmly established. True culture can’t be bought, and it’s formed over the long term. It connects people with purpose and is evident in your company's values and beliefs.
If employees are engaged in your workplace culture and feel like they belong, they work harder and smarter. They have a measurable effect on critical business results. They stay in their jobs longer, and that saves your organization money.
The numbers tell the story:
- Companies with both highly aligned cultures and highly aligned innovation strategies have 30% higher enterprise value growth and 17% higher profit growth than companies with low alignment.
- Companies with engaged employees see 233% greater customer loyalty and a 26% greater annual increase in revenue.
- Culturally engaged employees have 70% fewer accidents, 56% fewer sick days, and 25% less absenteeism compared to their disengaged counterparts.
- The cost of losing valued employees ranges from 6-9 months of salary for regular employees to more than 24 months for leaders and executives.
On top of all this, employee engagement drives:
- The innovation of products and services
- Quality of products and services
- Customer satisfaction
- Revenue growth
Choosing the right digital workplace solution makes all this possible. Look for digital workplace solutions designed to solve HR challenges, but also the broader spectrum of challenges related to communication, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and employee engagement.