Create a visual strategy for your workplace
Creating a visual design strategy for your digital workplace helps to ensure an optimal user experience. Your strategy should integrate seamlessly with your content plan, the look and feel of your digital workplace, and the site structure.
Aligning your digital workplace visual design with your strategic business goals and branding objectives helps:
- Create a cohesive brand connection and expression
- Meet user expectations
- Develop trust through a positive first impression
Items to plan for your visual design strategy include:
- Confirming your key brand styles to utilize (color palette, fonts, photography style)
- Confirming your logo, utilizing your corporate identity, or creating a unique digital workplace brand
- Determining tone/mood of your digital workplace (corporate, energetic, modern, social)
- Considering user expectations (brand connection and consistency)
It's recommended that, wherever possible, you assemble a team of your internal brand and UI experts to collaborate on addressing the above considerations and attending the digital workplace design consultation.
Determining the above considerations for your visual design strategy before your design consultation and utilizing our Visual Design workbook will ensure your interface matches your vision and achieves an accessible and beautifully-branded digital workplace.
The visual design of your digital workplace occurs during Stage 4: Implement, after all strategic, solution, and design consulting is complete. Our visual designers turn all consultation findings, sitemaps, and wireframes into visual design mock-ups for you to review and approve the styling of UI elements.
|Playbook Tip: Key ingredients of your visual design strategy|
- Align with your corporate or organizational brand.
- Don't try and build a website design – this is a digital workplace.
- Ensure your design for mobile (e.g. responsive).
- Get the right blend – design, layout, and content.
- Use consistent visual queues (e.g. colors, image, icons) to assist with navigation.