Creating a visual strategy
Creating a visual design strategy for your digital workplace helps to deliver a positive user experience. Your strategy should integrate seamlessly with your content plan, the look and feel of your digital workplace, and the site structure. The design should also align with your business goals and branding objectives to:
- Create a cohesive brand connection and expression
- Meet user expectations
- Develop trust through a positive first impression
It's recommended that, wherever possible, you assemble a team of your internal brand and design experts to collaborate to attend the digital workplace design consultations and to address the following:
- Confirmation of your key brand styles (color palette, fonts, photography style)
- Alignment of your corporate identity with your digital workplace brand
- Confirmation of the tone/mood of your digital workplace (corporate, energetic, modern, social)
- Consideration of user expectations (brand connection and consistency)
The visual design of your digital workplace occurs during Stage 4: Implement, after all strategic, solution, and design consulting is complete. Our visual designers turn all consultation findings, sitemaps, and wireframes into visual design mock-ups for you to review and approve the styling of UI elements.
Note: Visual design consultations and deliverables vary depending on the package and services you've purchased.
|Playbook Tip: Key ingredients of your visual design strategy|
- Align with your corporate or organizational brand.
- Don't try and build a website design – this is a digital workplace.
- Ensure your design for mobile (e.g. responsive).
- Get the right blend – design, layout, and content.
- Use consistent visual queues (e.g. colors, image, icons) to assist with navigation.