Update end users with an overview of what’s new, by using video.
Communications, Knowledge Management
S.M.A.R.T Goal Details:
Inform employees about what’s new in the Digital Workplace on the home page or in separate team spaces or solutions.
Track the number of video views.
Simple video tools can be used without extra expense.
Updates to the Digital Workplace can be summarized at point of implementation.
Video campaigns can be used throughout the evolution of your digital workplace.
Entire organization for broad updates, or specific groups if the updates to be communicated are within one solution.
Your Digital Workplace.
Messaging will be a summary of what’s new, and changes to expect.
Provide a clear overview of what’s new and how it affects the user.
Watch the videos.
Other Campaign Details:
Managing a Digital Workplace successfully requires providing updates to the teams using the solutions, so that they understand what to expect. The use of short videos in messaging, increases read rates significantly, without a huge amount of effort.
- Keep them short
- Keep them relevant
- Use a fun and engaging title
- Have a regular cadence - don't over do it
- Call your channel something cool to give it a brand
- Use video whenever possible
- Set up your notifications to get traction - use the daily option
- Open up two way communication by allowing employees to comment, like and rate your articles
- Respond to all employee comments and thank them to their input
- Use analytics to profile user engagement and update your communications based on the data
Vidyard provides a free video creation tool – but you can utilize resources you have.
Quarterly update summaries.
Suggested Delivery Plan for this Campaign:
Grass Roots Influence
Include Champions in your videos as they’re the social influencers.
Lead by Example
Include Executives – especially as described in the CEO Launch video, so that everyone understands that the Digital Workplace has the highest level of support.
Broadcasts & Posts
Share the video via Broadcast and Posts on the homepage.
Add the videos to digital screens around the office.