- Join Now
Defining governance and enabling members to follow it (BP)
Governance is imperative to the success of your digital workplace. Choosing the right approach, the right focus, and the right people to execute your governance plan ensures your digital workplace has a strong underlying framework to evolve and grow.
Build your digital workplace governance framework
- Select a governance model that suits your business needs, as well as available resources: Centralized, Decentralized, Collaborative, Hybrid.
- Develop an intranet content strategy: How will you create, maintain, and share content within the digital workplace? What type of content and categories of information will you need?
- Have a roadmap for your digital workplace: Where do you want your digital workplace to be in 1 year, 3 years, 5 years?
- Assign access permissions to facilitate proper governance: Who should have access to what content? What level of access should they have?
- Focus on the needs of your members and actively seek their feedback: What do you want your employees to be able to do using the digital workplace?
- Create a timeline for review, update, and regular audits.
Enable your members to follow policies and procedures
- Publish clear, concise, and easy to understand digital workplace guidelines.
- Create a living governance document that can be easily accessed, updated, shared, and referenced.
- Make digital workplace training part of the employee onboarding process.
- Encourage engagement through recognition.
- Offer a digital workplace Help Desk.
Viewed 297 times