- Join Now
How to create a vision statement (BP)
This best practice provides recommendations to help create a mission and vision statement for your digital workplace solution.
A vision statement serves as a guideline for future strategic decisions. It simply answers the question, "Where do we want to go?" Clearly defining the purpose of your digital workplace solution will help you decide on both its structure and what resources you will need to support and facilitate it. Your purpose should be your guiding principal throughout the planning, development, launch and growth of your solution.
When defining your purpose, ask yourself the following questions:
- Why do you need an online digital workplace?
- What is the purpose and key goals/objectives?
- What do you hope to accomplish by launching a digital workplace?
- Why will people want to use the digital workplace?
- How will they use the digital workplace?
- How much time will you need to commit to managing the digital workplace?
Consider the 5 W's to develop clear vision and mission statements.
- Who: Who is your audience?
- What: What do you want to accomplish?
- Where: Identify a location.
- When: Establish a time frame.
- Which: Identify requirements and constraints.
- Why: Specific reasons, purpose or benefits of accomplishing the goal.
Sample Vision Statement
- Employee Engagement: Increase employee engagement and cross-team interaction by providing a digital destination that makes information accessible to everyone who needs it and brings people and conversations together to increase productivity.
- Proactive Listening: Optimize the power of social listening tools to proactively engage and resolve issues for our employees before they even ask.
- Enterprise On-boarding: Benchmark industry best practices around the use of our digital workplace in order to scale and improve the on-boarding/getting started process for our employees.
Viewed 231 times