- Join Now
How to archive content (BP)
Every great content plan has an archiving strategy. It defines the life cycle of any piece of content in your digital workplace. Your archiving strategy improves not only relevancy of content but also accuracy and findability.
Igloo recommends the following archiving strategy:
1. Create a global archiving policy
Create a global archiving policy for content stored in your digital workplace.
- Set by application type
- Determine if you will allow any exceptions (e.g. by location such as Finance or Legal)
- Configure these settings in the Control Panel
2. Create an archiving policy by area
Determine which areas in your digital workplace should have their own specific archiving policies. This is quite common, especially for areas that deal with sensitive data (e.g. compliance, legal and finance).
- Assign archiving experts in each area in your digital workplace (e.g. by department) to manage the archiving process
- Publish policies and procedures for archiving content (e.g. what are the rules) within each area
- Configure your archiving policies by area
Viewed 405 times