- Join Now
Assembling your launch team (BP)
This best practice provides recommendations to help you find the right staffing resources for your digital workplace launch.
Best Practices for Assembling a Team
- Start assembling your team as soon as possible.
- Create a skills map with identified knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs).
- Securing the right team won't be easy - expect a lot of meetings, conversations, and convincing to get the right team.
- Check on resource availability and confirm – have a back-up plan.
Make Sure to Share Your Plan
- Invite team members to your project room.
- Summarize the overall launch plan with the team.
- Set out individual action plans for each key role.
- Solicit feedback.
Find Your Champions
- Sometimes it takes a person on the inside to show others the ropes and win them over. Start communication with these groups as early as possible – determine what they will need to know and when.
- Identify the evangelists, experts, influencers, business leaders, savvy adopters to social tools & communication technologies within your company.
- Identify your champions and empower them with your key messages any way that you can. Then ask them to go recruit more advocates.
Project Team Roles
Digital Workplace Managers
Viewed 276 times