- Join Now
Using a Content Slideshow to feature corporate news (BP)
Your users will have a lot of communications and content coming their way through their digital workplace. Draw attention to your corporate news to ensure users are up to date and information by featuring corporate news on your homepage using a Content Slideshow Widget.
Follow these tips to feature eye-catching corporate news:
- Place the Content Slideshow Widget at the top of your homepage (full width) for the greatest impact.
- Within the Widget configuration, on the Options tab, set the Channel Type to Blog and the Channel to your Corporate News.
- On the Layout tab of the configuration menu, set the number of slides to no more than 5 and set the duration (time) of the slides. We recommend keeping slides visible for at least 10 seconds.
- We recommend including images in your Slideshow so be sure to use one of the image options (Above Content, Beside Content, or Behind Content). It's important to make sure that your corporate news articles always include images as well so you ensure you have a visually appealing slideshow on the homepage.
- Enable arrows and dots for easy navigation between news articles.
- We recommend enabling comments and views to show engagement statistics and to encourage employee engagement.
Additional tips for taking your slideshow to the next level
Consider the following tips to get the most out of your Content Slideshow:
- Add moderation on the channel being displayed through the Content Slideshow Widget. This will allow you to validate the image follows your specs before it shows in the slideshow.
- Have a folder with pre-approved basic images a writer can use, if they don't have an image ready for their article.
- Know your slideshow. If the slideshow is full width with the image behind or on top as the layout, you will need to make sure your image width is ~2600px to accommodate most screens.
- If a screen is smaller than the image's width, the image will crop to the center. Keep what is in the center in mind as that will always show. Your main point of the image should be the center of the image.
- Try keeping your images simple. You don't want to have the image and text competing for attention.
- If you use the Behind layout with the slideshow, be sure to use an overlay. This will allow your text to be more visible on top of the image. For an added touch, try the auto option. This option takes the most prominent color in your image and makes that the overlay. You'd be surprised what the most prevalent color in an image is.
Viewed 324 times