- Join Now
Understanding the relationship between a taxonomy and labels (BP)
Applying a well-planned taxonomy for your digital workplace content can transform how you communicate with your employees by organizing your information in a way that aligns with what your users expect. If done correctly, it provides an immense return on investment through improved content discovery and findability.
- Do it right the first time: Have a plan and strategy for your digital workplace taxonomy and how that aligns with the use of labels right from the beginning will save you a lot of time and effort down the road when you try to apply this strategy to a large amount of existing.
- Remember that people navigate differently: Different people navigate according to their needs and interests and at times the same user will want to find content in different ways. Consider the various approaches to finding content while you build your taxonomy.
- Relate content by topic and type: Tagging content by taxonomy allows you to relate content by topic and type.
- Consider different interests: A taxonomy allows you to connect people with their interests and likes.
- Optimize your site structure for searchability: The more intuitive and user-friendly your site structure is, the more efficiently and effectively the search will be at finding, indexing, and ranking your content.
Viewed 379 times