- Join Now
Governing your Recommended Search Results (BP)
The Recommended Search Results functionality is an excellent tool to ensure employees are finding critical corporate documents and commonly requested documents, quickly and easily. Proper governance of your Recommended Search Results is critical to ensure the relevancy and accuracy of the recommended results being provided. Without proper governance, your Recommended Search Results can become cluttered and overwhelming, reducing the value of these results.
Use the following tips for governing your Recommend Search Results:
- Assign your Digital Workplace Team to manage your Recommended Search Results to ensure there’s a dedicated group managing the results added.
- Ensure your Digital Workplace Team is monitoring the keywords being used when creating recommended results. This allows the team to avoid overuse of terms, which can be counterproductive when it comes to providing users with recommended results.
- Create a forum for digital workplace members to request a new recommended result. The forum should be managed by the digital workplace team who will review and create the requests.
- Provide a clear call-to-action or link for users to access the request forum from the homepage or other relevant areas of your digital workplace.
- Publish communications to educate your employees about what the Recommended Search Results are and what’s in it for them.
- Add a template to the forum channel to ensure you gather the following information:
- Title of page
- URL of page
- Keywords users would search for to find this information
- Reason for making this a recommended result (e.g. This is a corporate document all employees must read.)
- Highlight the fact that the exact URL of the page must be provided to make it easier for the Digital Workplace Team to find the content.
Note: Identifying content by the exact URL is the recommended approach but the digital workplace team can also search for content within the digital workplace when creating recommended results. This approach will sometimes return multiple results as multiple Pages can have the same name, which is why requesting the exact URL is recommended for more efficient creation of recommended results.
Viewed 307 times