- Join Now
Creating templates for your digital workplace (BP)
Creating page and solution (space) templates provides great time-to-value for your digital workplace. Organizing them in a meaningful way also helps encourage employees to use your templates.
Build a "Templates" page within your digital workplace to save your approved templates in one central location, for quick and easy access. Use specific naming conventions to the purpose and use case of each template clear.
Templates you may need to ensure consistent building across your digital workplace:
- Template - Location (location-specific templates, include the location in the name of your template)
- Template - Playbook (playbook templates to be used by each department for creation of their departmental playbooks)
- Template - KB (for knowledge bases within your digital workplace)
Other considerations when working with templates include:
- Ensure templates can be used again and again by keeping your templates generic and leaving out content, nomenclature, etc. (e.g. In a team room template, title the Members Widget "Team Members" instead of "Sales Team")
- Make core template changes directly to the template itself so it applies to every instance of that template.
- Communicate any changes to the core templates to your employees so they can make adjustments to their individual uses of that template, if required.
- Include generic instructions within your "Templates" page on how to use the templates and the rules around making changes to templates. (Consider specific directions, if required, for more complex templates that require additional instructions)
- Include naming conventions for each template to support consistency, clarity, and proper usage of templates. (e.g. For a playbook template, you should include instructions for the person using that template to save their version as "[Department Name] - Playbook")
Viewed 250 times