- Join Now
Creating effective Recommended Search Results (BP)
It’s easy to get carried away with providing your employees with too many recommended results. It’s important to be strategic when using the Recommended Search Results function to ensure your results are valuable to your employees.
Use the following tips below to create effective Recommended Search Results in your digital workplace.
- Consider new recommended results from the following perspectives:
- What content is important for users to find?
- When a user searches for a particular search term, what content do you want them to find?
- Igloo recommends considering the three key personas of “Me-We-Us” or Employees-Departments-Entire Organization
- Actively engage stakeholders and department leaders to gather their top 10 themes/topics they know employees search for.
- Avoid the use of common, generic terms as keywords (e.g. Corporate or Whitepaper) as they are too broad to provide relevant results.
- Direct users to pages and spaces through recommended results instead of creating links to many individual pieces of content. This provides more context around the search request and ensures users can find the piece they are looking for. They may even discover additional relevant information on the page or within the space that they may not have considered while searching.
- Recommended results use exact keyword search so keep the following considerations in mind when filling in the keywords for a new recommended result:
- Pluralization of keywords
- Alternate tenses (e.g. ran, run, running)
- Alternate spellings or common misspellings (e.g. American English vs. British English)
- Common acronyms
- Company alternative terms (e.g. Kudos vs. Awards vs. Recognition)
- Common misspellings
- Speed up the process of inputting keywords by copying and pasting a list of keywords separated by spaces into the Keywords field.
Viewed 405 times