- Join Now
Building a Policy Wiki
Your members need access to up-to-date policies to ensure they're acting on correct information, as well as for compliance reasons. Policy Wikis can make managing and maintaining coherent policy architecture easy, from updating, to read tracking, to finally archiving out of date policies.
After creating a Wiki Channel, access the Settings area and configure the following:
- Enable Read Tracking to ensure that every article has it automatically. Customize the confirmation button as needed.
- Enable Moderation and add your policy owners as Moderators to ensure that every policy undergoes reviews.
- Enable Mandatory Labels so policies are categorized according to your needs.
Create a Channel Template in order to:
- Maintain a consistent structure and style for policies
- Establish a content owner for them directly in the article
Finally, comply with any annual policy review needs by clearing the Read Tracking on items and sending a reminder to all assigned readers to notify them of the update and provide an easy link back to the policy in question.
A policy wiki makes it straightforward to connect people to the information they need and makes managing that information simple for the members responsible for it.
Learn more about building a Policy Wiki in the Playbook News blog.
Viewed 23 times