- Join Now
Setting up vertical tabs in your site (BP)
Veritcal tabs is an enhancement to the Igloo platform. It allows you to set up vertical tabs on a page. Be sure that this option is set up in your digital workplace before proceeding.
Not Sure? ask your technical account manager or our support team if this enhancement is enabled on your site
Vertical tabs are a great way to give your pages a different look and feel from regular tabs. Before you add them everywhere decide if they are the right fit for the information you are trying to showcase. Vertical tabs work well when working with policies, playbooks or onboarding areas as it allows you to organize different information. You can use this layout when you need to list out different wiki articles or when you want to have different widgets that your users aren't having to scroll to find on the page.
Setting up the Vertical Tabs
- Add an HTML widget to the left column of your page.
- Click Edit on this widget and select the appearance tab.
- Enter in the Class field - ps-tabs tabs-style-vertical and select update.
- Next select the widgets that you would like to display within the vertical tabs and add these to the center or center-right columns of the page. Note: these lists can get long so this is best used when you have about 3 items but can host more if needed.
- In each of those widgets update the title you would like to show in the tabs.
- Complete the configuration set up for each of the widgets selected so they are set up the way you would like.
- Once you have those updated select the appearance tab and add the class – ps-tab and select update. This gets added to each widget you would like to show in the list of vertical tab.
- Publish the page.
Viewed 322 times