- Join Now
Setting up primary navigation for your site (BP)
The primary navigation is a crucial component to the digital workplace. It appears on every page, structures the entire site, and is one of the first places users will go to find what they are looking for.
- Primary navigation should be kept to six items or less (should all fit on one line without wrapping).
- Titles should be one to two words maximum.
- Most important/commonly accessed areas should be first or in alphabetic order.
- Limit the number of sub-navigation items to a maximum of 10 items.
- If external users will be accessing a page or area, have this page live in the top navigation for ease of access.
- Use as few "sibling" folder channels as necessary in the same area. Instead, use a single folder channel with subfolders and sub-subfolders within.
- Populate channels surfaced in the main navigations with valuable content for launch.
Viewed 170 times