- Join Now
Building your information architecture (BP)
This best practice provides tips to get started building your information architecture.
Don’t build a sloppy organizational structure to support your information architecture strategy.
- Start with a site map
- Use consistent titles
- Don’t use confusing menu labels
- Don’t misspell tags
- Don’t have too many ‘parent’ pages
- Don’t have endless sub-categories
- Don’t hide your navigation tools
- Don’t keep old content that lacks value
- Don’t use overly restrictive permissioning
- Don’t duplicate information
- Don’t organize your content based on departmental silos
Viewed 251 times