- Join Now
Setting up groups & permissions (BP)
Use the following tips to properly set permissions on a Page, Channel or piece of content in your digital workplace to ensure the right people have the right level of access to the information they need.
- Groups are required for setting permissions, subscriptions, and configuring member widgets.
- Groups should never be duplicated across Member Groups and Space Groups.
- There should be no unneeded groups remaining at launch time.
- Permissions should be set according to your site plan.
- Set the appropriate permissions at the root level. (These permissions will be inherited to all children below.)
- Set permissions using Groups, whenever possible.
- Do not override inherited permissions, whenever possible.
- Only set individual permissions when a Group does not apply. (Avoid setting individual permissions as much as possible.)
- Create new Groups and/or edit Groups in your digital workplace on a regular basis to ensure the effectiveness of permissions.
- Check the permissions on your home page and each primary and secondary navigation item to ensure that inheritance is intact or disabled according to your plan
- Set up a test user, with basic permissions (All Members group only). Walk through the site as this test user to ensure you are only seeing what you have permission to see. Add this test member to groups and test permissions as required
Viewed 311 times