- Join Now
Doing a content audit (BP)
Whether you're building new digital workplace or enhancing your old intranet, you most likely have existing content to migrate. However, a simple ‘lift & shift’ approach to the migration of content is not exactly the best way to go about it. ‘Lift & shift’ occurs when content is merely moved from one solution or location to another. There is no review (editing, reorganizing, archiving, or deleting) which could leave you with content gaps, outdated content, or content that is no longer relevant to your business.
Igloo recommends doing a content audit which reviews and classifies all content to be added and/or migrated to your new digital workplace. This should be managed by a dedicated content team - owners of the content who know what should be kept, deleted or archived.
This is the perfect opportunity to shake things up and make your content more engaging and relevant. Be ruthless and ensure to avoid clutter.
- Create your content structure (e.g. sitemap and content applications)
- Identify content owners (subject matter experts)
- Create a strategy for evaluating the current content and where it fits into your new content structure
- Use a classification system to assess the state of current content (e.g. keep, edit, delete, archive)
- Migrate and/or add new content to the site
- Review, edit, and approve
Viewed 63 times