In this first article of a three-part series on the role of a Digital Workplace Manager, you'll learn about why this role is critical to the success of your digital workplace.
Not seen in the traditional workplace, the role of a Digital Workplace Manager can sometimes be difficult to fill. You may find yourself trying to define the role, explaining to executives its importance and the impact it will have on the success of your digital workplace. These conversations are common, especially when this is your organization's first experience with a digital workplace solution.
Here is some key information to help you communicate the value of a Digital Workplace Manager and how the role can support a powerful and successful digital workplace.
Skills for success
To support your Digital Workplace Team and your digital transformation journey, your Digital Workplace Manager should:
- Have a unique blend of digital, technical, and people skills.
- Be comfortable speaking to and working with senior-level and executive stakeholders.
- Have strong project management skills.
- Be able to facilitate group conversations to drive decision-making.
- Have a good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives for the overall digital transformation journey.
- Have a good understanding of how measuring success drives future improvements and decision-making.
Having a background in website management or experience with leading website development/refresh/migration projects are also great bonus skills for this role.
Your Digital Workplace Manager's responsibility should include:
- Ensuring solutions meet business goals and maximize value.
- Guiding innovation and raising productivity through the use and continued improvement of the digital workplace.
- Facilitating internal conversations around employee experience and adoption of the solutions.
- Contributing to and supporting the execution of digital transformation strategies and solutions.
- Managing, creating, and standardizing key processes which support KPIs and engagement programs.
- Managing the organization's digital workplace roadmap.
How do you see the role of the Digital Workplace Manager influencing your overall digital transformation journey? Log in to comment, rate, or like this article.