Here's what you need to know about the September 2021 Mobile Product Release
What's included in the September Mobile Product Release?
- Addition of Threaded Comments
- Removal of redundant Like and Reply option for iOS
- Enhancement to Search APIs
- Application load time improvements
- Enhanced login for Igloo Mobile Branded Edition
- Mobile WCAG issues
- Resolved issues
- Known critical issues
Addition of Threaded Comments
In this Mobile release, we've extended our Threaded Comments feature to our Mobile Application. Similar to our web-based application, Threaded Comments in our Mobile application allows digital workplace users to respond to a comment in a layered format (child and grandchild) with the ability to attach files at these levels.
Threaded Comments in the Mobile application are available for all current content types with the exception of tasks.
Removal of redundant Like and Reply option for iOS
Currently, users of our mobile application on iOS have the option to Like or Reply to a post directly on the Comment or by selecting the drop-down menu on iOS. We have simplified the experience for liking and replying to comments by removing the drop-down option.
Enhancement to Search APIs
The mobile application has been updated to use version 2 of the Search API. This update does not change the current search experience but is required to support future improvements.
Application load time improvements
Mobile users can now enjoy an accelerated load time experience in the mobile application with this release. The mobile application was modified so that instead of initializing all the Tabs in the application once the user is authenticated, each Tab loads only required data when it is selected by the user.
Enhanced login for Igloo Mobile Branded Edition
We have simplified the login experience for users of our Igloo Mobile Branded Edition application. At first login, users will be required to enter their username and password. Their credentials are remembered for all subsequent logins and a user will remain logged in until they log out. If a user has logged out, they must re-enter their username and password upon subsequent login.
Mobile WCAG issues
A number of accessibility issues related to the WCAG standard for the Igloo mobile application were addressed in this release. The focus of the updates included changes to the native application and the responsive view.
Issues addressed in this month's Mobile Product Release:
- Android: Notification icons are very small on some devices (MOBILE-1114)
- My Feeds tab not updating (MOBILE-1108)
- My Feeds not updating and push notifications are not being received (MOBILE-1106)
- Feeds aren't updating and no push notifications are being received (MOBILE-1105)
- Replying to a new comment in a forum thread crashes the application (MOBILE-1068)
- Images not displaying in Mosaic Widget in Web View (MOBILE-1082)
- Server error intermittently displayed on mobile (MOBILE-1084)
- Android: Answer selection checkboxes continue to be displayed after the user has saved their answer for a forum topic (MOBILE-1066)
- Titles of blogs cut off when reading the blog (MOBILE-1037)
- Push notifications not working (MOBILE-1054)
- Mobile app crashes on Android OS (MOBILE-1045)
- Mobile app closes and prompts a login when left open and receiving a notification (MOBILE-1046)
- Addressed inconsistency for the bar at the bottom with feeds/notifications/world/star/people (MOBILE-1137)
- Fixed issue where users unable to play a video in a digital workspace with an iOS device (MOBILE-1130)
- Updated display of member profile updates to be consistent across iOS and Android (MOBILE-1267)
Known critical issues
Known critical issues impacting multiple digital workplaces that are currently being addressed:
- Mobile - Authentication via SSO sometimes does not fully complete (MOBILE-1271)
When will this release be available?
The targeted date for the update is August 31.