Here's what you need to know about the November 2021 Product Release
What's included in the November Product Release?
- Custom colors in the editor
- Celebrations widget: Group filtering
- Deprecation of the Desktop Tool
- Additional improvements
- Resolved issues
- Known critical issues
Custom colors in the editor
Digital workplace administrators can now add up to 15 custom colors to the color palette of the WYSIWYG editor. These custom colors, along with the 27 colors ordinarily available in the editor, can be used by content creators when selecting a text, background, or cell color. Adding these custom colors removes the need for content creators to manually enter brand or workplace colors each time they create content.
To accommodate this new functionality, we've renamed the Widget Styles page (found in the Presentation section of the Control Panel) to Additional Styles. In addition to this location's existing functionality, digital workplace administrators can use the Color Palette in Editor section of the Additional Styles page to add new colors to the WYSIWYG editor's color palette by entering a hex color code or by selecting a color from a color wheel.
Celebrations widget: Group filtering
When setting up the Celebrations widget, administrators and users who can edit pages and spaces can now configure the widget to only show the birthdays of users who are members of specific groups. This can be done using the new Groups filter box found at the bottom of the Content tab (available when the widget is being configured) by searching for and selecting the groups of users to show. If no groups are selected, the widget will show every birthday within the configured timeframe. This enhanced functionality gives administrators and those building pages and spaces the ability to better tailor the Celebrations widget to its location and target audience.
Deprecation of the Desktop Tool
Our support for Igloo's Desktop Tool is being deprecated as of November 12, 2021.
If you already have the tool installed, its functionality will remain in its current state. However, no further updates will be made to it, and the Igloo support team will no longer be able to assist with troubleshooting any issues relating to the tool. Igloo also cannot guarantee that it will continue to work with future Igloo releases.
We recommend using the File Manager as a replacement for the Desktop Tool.
For the original deprecation announcement, see the August 2021 Product Release.
Additional improvements in this month's Product Release:
- Updated WYSIWYG editor from Froala version 3.2.7 to Froala version 4.0.4.
Issues addressed in this month's Product Release:
- Images in emailed content not visible to other users in some digital workplaces(IGLOO-18278)
- Welcome message email results in error when created using API (IGLOO-18654)
- Intermittent HTTP 500 error when selecting source in Task Widget (IGLOO-18690)
- Deleted content appearing in search (IGLOO-18800)
- Invalid date value breaks celebrations widget (IGLOO-18813)
- Content Slideshow, Wiki Index, Photos in Folder widgets: Layout Options do not update dynamically (IGLOO-18929)
- Table edit tool does not pop up when selecting multiple cells (IGLOO-19053)
- Replying to a subscription notification via preferred email fails (IGLOO-19054)
- EAP does not support Haitian Creole language option. (IGLOO-19094)
- Haitian Creole translation indicator is not correct in the title/description translation tab of widgets (IGLOO-19122)
- Attachment preview doesn't work for large png images (IGLOO-19133)
- Recommended results using SetInnerHTML (IGLOO-19134)
- Selecting "Archive this item on the following date" clears the date field (IGLOO-19135)
- Trashcan is throwing error when Task and Microblogs are disabled (IGLOO-19149)
- Recommended results are case sensitive and cannot use upper case (IGLOO-19153)
- Prompt to replace content with template not showing when changing channel (IGLOO-19157)
- Problem editing time on calendar events after DST (IGLOO-19193)
- Selecting the option to notify "No Attendees" sends the notification anyway (IGLOO-19194)
- Editing an event in a series with a date past Nov 7 creates a second event (IGLOO-19208)
- Phrases/Keywords chips in recommended results do not display for languages other than English (IGLOO-19230)
- Content Search doesn't search based on selected language (IGLOO-19231)
- Broadcasts that are too long result in support code when sent during content creation (IGLOO-19238)
- Calendar editing broken for series with reminders and likes/ratings (IGLOO-19278)
- Yearly events using "recurrence by pattern" will multiply recurrence by factor of 12 every time event is saved (IGLOO-19285)
- Search by label results are not alphabetized (SD-4207)
Known critical issues
Known critical issues impacting multiple digital workplaces that are currently being addressed:
- Search does not search within some documents (IGLOO-15317)
- Site export does not count task channel children (IGLOO-16402)
- Document downloads in Activity Feed do not match downloads in Data Feeds (IGLOO-17077)
- Document preview enhancements links in documents don't function (IGLOO-17812)
- Odd text rendering occurring periodically in document preview (IGLOO-18264)
- Channel archiving not working (IGLOO-19098)
- Create duplicate labels from site Control Panel (IGLOO-19204)
- Adding or updating a user with an email occupied by another user's preferred email causes unknown error (IGLOO-19243)
- Support code when anonymous users view content with comments (IGLOO-19265)
- Not specifying space templates copies permissions from 'Default Space'. (IGLOO-19283)
- Trailing spaces in search prevent Recommended Search Results from populating (IGLOO-19293)
What's available for testing in my Preview environment?
All of the features and bug fixes are now available for testing in your Preview environment.
When will this release be available in my digital workplace?
This update is targeted to be released during the evening (EST) of November 3.
We'll publish a post on the Product News channel once the Product Release is live in your digital workplace.
Follow the Target Release Calendar to find out when future releases are scheduled.