Here's what you need to know about the January 2022 Product Release
What's included in the January 2022 Product Release?
- Anniversary widget
- Blog channel setting: Disable body content in email notifications
- MS Teams integration widget
- Resolved issues
- Accessibility updates
- Known critical issues
Celebrating coworkers' special occasions helps them feel connected to their organization and increases collaboration. This is why, several months ago, we created the Celebrations widget that spotlights digital workplace users' birthdays. Since then, we've received feedback that organizations would also like to celebrate other significant milestones.
The Anniversary widget serves a similar function to the Celebrations widget but focuses on the work anniversaries. With this widget, users can see other users' current and upcoming work anniversaries.
The Anniversary widget has two exciting features to highlight:
- Anniversaries in the widget have a "milestone tag" that shows the number of years the user has been with the company. This tag will be blue for most years but will be gold for the user's first year and any multiple of 5 (5th, 10th, 15th, etc.).
- Anniversaries are displayed using a carousel that gives users the ability to cycle through anniversaries from within the widget. This is a really cool feature that will make it easier to see who has upcoming anniversaries, especially in large organizations.
Note: The Anniversary widget pulls date information (yyyy-mm-dd) from a new profile field, work_start_date, which can be populated using the ILST or Bulk Upload. This profile field is not visible on the profile page. If your digital workplace is already using an equivalent field, you must also populate the work_start_date field to be able to use this widget.
Blog channel setting: Disable body content in email notifications
One method of communicating out new blog articles is via email notifications sent due to subscriptions and.
However, as these emails' default content contains the entire body of an article, we're finding that users are often foregoing visiting the digital workplace directly and only digesting the blogs via their email inbox. This is less-than-ideal for engagement purposes, as it circumvents the analytics engine, and it doesn't provide an easy way for users to interact and engage with the content.
Previously we added a feature that allows blog authors to hide the body of their blog in email notifications. However, this needs to be done on an article-by-article basis. In this release, we've created a channel setting called Notification Settings. This will allow users with at least Edit access to a blog channel to set a default value of "Don't Include the body of this article in email notifications" for all new blog articles created on the channel. Whereas previously, this Advanced Option of a blog article was always unchecked, the default state can be set to checked with this setting.
MS Teams integration widget
We understand that organizations use a wide variety of tools and products in their day-to-day work. One such application, Microsoft Teams, is often used to facilitate ongoing communications and collaboration within an organization. In an effort to bridge the gap between where project communications take place and where the project lives, we are releasing the MS Teams integration widget.
With the MS Teams widget, Igloo brings together the convenient messaging functionality of Microsoft Teams with the power of the Igloo digital workplace platform. Communicating with team members is uninterrupted, continuous, and occurs without having to leave your digital workplace.
- Support for full-width column view, middle column view, and narrow column side view.
- Show conversations for all available teams or filter the widget to show a single team or channel. For private channels, the MS Teams widget should be set to focus on the team and not the channel.
- Only the teams and channels to which a user has permission to will be visible. Igloo leverages the Microsoft authentication and security model via the Microsoft API.
- Users are able to send messages at the speed of conversation, receive messages at the speed of conversation, and reply to messages at the speed of conversation — similar to the Microsoft Teams app.
- Users can receive images, URLs/Links, Files, and GIFs sent from a user who is on the Microsoft Teams app — either web, desktop, or mobile client.
This new functionality brings your Microsoft Teams conversations into your digital workplace and improves your users' productivity by reducing the need to switch apps.
Issues addressed in this month's Product Release:
- Blog Articles widget: Image position options incorrect (Igloo-19447)
- Instant subscription setting toggle missing (Igloo-19444)
- Error in File Manager 2.3.4 when editing if the file is already open (Igloo-19433)
- Incorrect microcopy for Haitian Creole for File Manager 2.3.3 (Igloo-19426)
- Attachment maximum file size no longer matches the digital workplace upload limit (Igloo-19413)
- File Manager typo in Edit File Error message (Igloo-19406)
- Users able to publish directly to moderated channels without approval (Igloo-19404)
- Removed ability to insert images into broadcasts (Igloo-19403)
- Formatting not coming over when copying and pasting from Word (Igloo-19390)
- Incorrect formatting of titles in browser tabs (Igloo-19386)
- Editing an event created in UTC changes the event time of the event to Eastern (Igloo-19369)
- Removed ability to embed URLs into broadcasts (Igloo-19362)
- Clicking Open File Manager from a folder channel throws an error (Igloo-19343)
- File Manager creating new workspaces (Igloo-19339)
- Content emailed to a channel is not posted(Igloo-19336)
- Posting content to channels with insufficient permissions results in a loss of content (Igloo-19331)
- Copy and pasting lists from Word is not consistent (Igloo-19330)
- Support code when publishing content if user has preferred language and digital workplace has one language (Igloo-19303)
- Recommended Results only allows lowercase characters for keywords when manually entered (Igloo-19257)
- Duplicate labels can be created from the site Control Panel. (Igloo-19204)
- Refreshing File Manager view can sometimes cause edit now to reoccur (Igloo-19144)
- WYSIWYG autoplay option not working on video embeds (Igloo-19132)
- Cannot open files with File Manager if there is no file extension in title (Igloo-19096)
- mailto: not working in CTA and Links Widgets (Igloo-18928)
- Users with no access to calendar channel can be invited to events (Igloo-18917)
- WYSIWYG in Blog, Wiki, Forum does not save HTML style sections (Igloo-18911)
- Embed video sets fixed width and height (Igloo-18664)
- Cannot de-select sources from "Selected" tab (Igloo-18349)
- Document Preview: Links in documents don't function (Igloo-17812)
- Editing event description in Teams/Outlook pushes update to summary (Igloo-16247)
- Users with full access can't archive microblogs (Igloo-14934)
- Profile messages not in chronological order (Igloo-14596)
- EAP provides the ability to set max file upload sizes greater than what we recommend (Igloo-18349)
Accessibility updates include:
- The "Page 1" and "Page 2" button-links /dots updated
- The ! in a circle icon on the pop-up modified
- Event management/settings dropdown duplicate IDs removed
- The "Where" select menu in the New Group pop-up updated
- Improved accessibility for headings "Anonymous Commenting" and "Anonymous Activity"
- Corrected the "remove policy" red X button that appears to the left of the policy on hover
- Updated the ALT attribute string for the "Your Logo" placeholder graphic
- Updated the "Remove Logo" button
- The theme options keyboard accessible enhanced
- Custom CSS input box, advanced theme editor updated
- The 3 INPUT elements with TYPE="number" modified
- In content implemented using markup languages, status messages programmatically determined through role or properties
- Selected improvements of visual presentation of text and images for correct contrast ratio
- Improved information, structure, and relationships conveyed through presentation available in text
- Content can be presented without loss of information or functionality, and without requiring scrolling in two dimensions
Known critical issues
Known critical issues impacting multiple digital workplaces that are currently being addressed:
- Anonymous access rules malfunction on calendar events (Igloo-19498)
- Trailing spaces in search prevent Recommended Search Results from populating (Igloo-19293)
- Support code when anonymous users view content with comments (Igloo-19283)
- Comments on Wiki channel result in support code when nested under a page (Igloo-19280)
- Support code when anonymous users view content with comments (Igloo-19265)
- Adding or updating a user with an email occupied by another user's preferred email causes an unknown error (Igloo-19243)
- HTML parsing/indexing issues resulting in search not returning results for certain words (Igloo-19213)
- Making a profile update does not always trigger a re-index in search (Igloo-19121)
- Automatic redirect not working with download links (Igloo-19090)
- The search result previews of documents and folder view sometimes omit characters (Igloo-19077)
- Unable to track SMTP records for digest notifications (Igloo-19070)
- Odd text rendering occurring periodically in document preview (Igloo-18264)
- Site export does not count Task channel children (Igloo-16402)
- Search does not search within some documents (Igloo-15317)
What's available for testing in my preview environment?
Most of the features and bug fixes are now available for testing in your preview environment. Of note:
- The MS Teams widget is now available to use in preview as well as your live digital workplace.
- The Blog channel setting is visible, however, since notifications are not created in the preview environment you will not be able to experiment with this feature.
When will this release be available in my digital workplace?
This update is targeted to be released during the evening (EST) of January 19.
We'll publish a post on the Product News channel once the Product Release is live in your digital workplace.
Follow the Target Release Calendar to find out when future releases are scheduled.