Igloo has launched the MS Teams widget for all customers. Now your users will be able to message in Microsoft Teams while working in your digital workplace powered by Igloo.
Igloo understands that our customers use a wide variety of tools and products in their day-to-day work. Many of our customers are using Microsoft Teams for ongoing communications and collaboration within their organization and have voiced a desire for a seamless experience of communications when working on digital workplace projects. With the MS Teams widget, Igloo brings together the convenient messaging functionality of Microsoft Teams with the power of the Igloo digital workplace platform. Communicating with team members is uninterrupted, continuous, and occurs without having to leave your digital workplace.
- Bring your Teams Channel conversations from Microsoft Teams into your digital workplace.
- Improve the productivity of your users by reducing the need to switch apps.
- Display images, files, and click on URLs posted from the Microsoft Teams app to your MS Teams widget.
Features & functionality:
- The MS Teams widget is responsive and supports the full-width column view, middle column view, and narrow column side view.
- Configure the MS Teams widget to show conversations for all available teams or filter it to show a single team or a single channel. For private channels, the MS Teams widget should be set to focus on the team and not the channel.
- Igloo leverages the Microsoft authentication and security model via the Microsoft API. Users must log in to the MS Teams widget to use it. Only the teams and channels for which the user has permission will be visible.
- Users can send messages at the speed of conversation, receive messages at the speed of conversation, and reply to messages at the speed of conversation — similar to the Microsoft Teams app.
- Users can receive images, URLs/Links, Files, and GIFs sent from a user who is on the Microsoft Teams app — either web, desktop, or mobile client.
- Approval is required from the Office 365 administrator to enable the MS Teams widget for use within their Igloo digital workplace.
- Users with at least edit access to a page, space, or dashboard can add the MS Teams widget to it.
The MS Teams widget is now available to be used in your digital workplace.
To add the MS Teams widget to any page, space, or dashboard:
- Go to the page, space, or dashboard and select Actions followed by Edit.
- Drag the Integrations widget from the widget carousel onto your page, space, or dashboard.
- On the Integrations widget, select Edit.
- On the Options tab, select the Igloo Integration Library and then search for and select MS Teams from the list of integrations.
For more information about setting up and configuring the integration, refer to the MS Teams integration article in the knowledge base.