Here's what you need to know about the February Product Release.
What's included in the February 2022 Product Release?
- Advanced Search page redesign
- Advanced Search: People Tab with contact cards
- Advanced Search: Autocomplete
- Resolved issues
- Known critical issues
Advanced Search page redesign
Search is a vital part of how users find information and people, and in this update, we have refreshed the advanced search page to provide an improved user experience and meet accessibility best practices.
These improvements include:
- Tabbed Results: Content and People results are now shown in separate tabs.
- Contact Cards: People results now appear in their own tab as contact cards that display key profile information.
- Document Previews: File results now include a mini-preview to make identification easier.
- Quick access to content filters: Content filters can now be found on the page's left side, making them more visible and easier to use.
Advanced Search: People tab with contact cards
As part of the Advanced Search page redesign, we have streamlined the people search experience by displaying people results in the form of contact cards.
Features of these contact cards include:
- Profile details: Key profile details are shown to aid in identifying people.
- Engagement: The ability to send an email or start an MS Teams conversation with a user right from the search results.
- Configurability: A new Search Settings tab, found on the Search page in the Control Panel, where you can control the mapping of the profile fields that display on the contact card.
Advanced Search: Autocomplete
Autocomplete predicts search queries and provides suggestions below the search box as you type a query.
Benefits of Autocomplete include:
- Successful queries: Suggestions are based on content titles and always return results.
- Decreased search time: Increases the likelihood of a successful search by reducing errors caused by long queries and typos.
- Improved user experience: Autocomplete helps connect users to content faster and easier and provides a better overall experience.
Issues addressed in this month's Product Release:
- Embedded videos do not fullscreen when display set above 100% (IGLOO-14570)
- Users can ghostwrite as an author who doesn't have access to a channel (IGLOO-17386)
- Channel archiving not working (IGLOO-19098)
- Indexing issues result in search not returning results for certain words (IGLOO-19213)
- Replying to a Microblog with an attachment, opens preview twice (IGLOO-19353)
- Compact option in Blog Articles widget causes issues with images (IGLOO-19451)
- Celebration widget displays January birthdays before December birthdays (IGLOO-19455)
- Admins unable to see email associated with members due to privacy setting (IGLOO-19481)
- User bar icons overlap when selected in responsive view (IGLOO-19512)
- Widget carousel present but unusable on tablets (IGLOO-19514)
- Search Member function not working properly (IGLOO-19518)
- The description in the additional styles page does not include the Anniversary widget (IGLOO-19520)
Known critical issues
Known critical issues impacting multiple digital workplaces that are currently being addressed:
- Search does not search within some documents (IGLOO-15317)
- Unable to track SMTP records for digest notifications (IGLOO-19070)
- Automatic redirect not working with download links (IGLOO-19090)
- Making a profile update does not always trigger a re-index in search (IGLOO-19121)
- Adding or updating a user with an email occupied by another user's preferred email causes an unknown error (IGLOO-19243)
- Support code when anonymous users view content with comments (IGLOO-19265)
- Comments on Wiki channel result in support code when nested under a page (IGLOO-19280)
- Trailing spaces in search prevent Recommended Search Results from populating (IGLOO-19293)
- Duplicate CustomIdentifier In Bulk Upload needs better error messaging (IGLOO-19405)
- Exported recurring calendar events never end (IGLOO-19525)
- Incorrect dates in advanced search (IGLOO-19565)
What's available for testing in my preview environment?
Most of the features and bug fixes are now available for testing in your preview environment.
When will this release be available in my digital workplace?
This update is targeted to be released during the evening (EST) of February 16.
We'll publish a post on the Product News channel once the Product Release is live in your digital workplace.
Follow the Target Release Calendar to find out when future releases are scheduled.