August 2021 Product Release
What's included in the August Product Release?
- File Manager version 2.3.0: Edit Now capability and end of beta status
- Deprecation of the Desktop Tool
- Content creation refresh
- Accessibility improvements
- Additional improvements
- Resolved issues
- Known critical issues
File Manager version 2.3.0: Edit Now capability and end of beta status
With this release, Digital Workplace users can now leverage the File Manager application to reserve and edit documents in their Digital Workplace. While using File Manager, users can right-click a file to reserve it or edit it. When edit is selected, the file is reserved and opened on your system using the default application associated with that file type. Saving the file will result in the file being updated in your Digital Workplace.
At this time, Edit Now with the File Manager can't be directly triggered while previewing a file in the standard web browser experience. However, while previewing a file in your browser, you can selectOpen File Manager to open the file's location in File Manager, where you can then right-click it to edit it.
If you are editing files using an Office 365 application (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.), please ensure that autosave is turned off. Failing to do so will result in the file not being updated in your Digital Workplace when saved.
With this functionality being added to File Manager, we are happy to announce that it is no longer in beta and is fully released. We look forward to continuing to evolve its functionality to meet your organization's workflows and use cases.
For more information about the File Manager and how to download it, see File Manager.
Deprecation of the Desktop Tool
As of August 12, 2021, the Desktop Tool will no longer be available for download from Igloo. However, limited support for existing installations will persist until November 12, 2021.
If you currently use the Desktop Tool, we encourage you to switch to the File Manager.
Content creation refresh
The content creation experience for blogs, calendars, forums, and wikis has been modernized and made more accessible. Many content-specific settings have been nested under an expandable Advanced Options section below the editor, while language options can now be found in an expandable Language & Translations section above the editor.
As part of our ongoing effort to align with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), we’ve made the following accessibility improvements:
- When viewing the contents of folders in detail view, the actions buttons of files and folders now have unique titles.
- In the Blog Articles widget, the contrast of the Comments link on articles has been improved.
- On the achievements tab of a user’s profile, the header elements have been adjusted.
- Labels have been added to multiple input boxes that did not already have them.
- Heading elements and table header elements updated in multiple locations.
- Adjusted focusable items within popups and dialogs.
- In the Microblog Posts widget, made improvements to aria-labels.
Additional improvements in this month's Product Release:
- Integrate latest Froala 3.x release into Igloo - Froala 3.2.7 (IGLOO-18734)
- API enhancements to return specific data on the objects stored in folders (IGLOO-18785)
Issues addressed in this month's Product Release:
- Unable to log into digital workplace after having access revoked and being re-invited back. (IGLOO-11243)
- Unpublished tab of the Manage page shows the same count as the Published tab (IGLOO-11714)
- Word spacing issue In Safari (IGLOO-16495)
- Froala table and @mentions conflict (IGLOO-16559)
- Data Feeds timeout for customers with large amounts of data (IGLOO-17678)
- Calendar series event in different timezone sends incorrect time in acceptance email when series crosses daylight savings (IGLOO-18204)
- SAML configuration blank for Digital Workplaces that have not previously configured SAML (IGLOO-18425)
- URL does not wrap in file description (IGLOO-18495)
- Feedback messages missing space between subject and title (IGLOO-18542)
- Anonymous access rule displays incorrectly on Folder Channels at the root of Digital Workplace (IGLOO-18597)
- Orphaned "Reminders" feature appearing on DWPs (IGLOO-18607)
- Calendar series time zone issue (IGLOO-18630)
- Issue with tracking "Download" activity on videos (IGLOO-18670)
- Blog article widget image links not accessibly compliant (IGLOO-18726)
- "Join Now" button in sites with public registration not accessibly compliant (IGLOO-18727)
- Forum topic creation contains the option to disable comments (IGLOO-18830)
- Blog article - Default read tracking button text displays incorrectly when editing a draft (IGLOO-18833)
Known critical issues
Known critical issues impacting multiple digital workplaces that are currently being addressed:
- Search does not Search within some Documents (IGLOO-15317)
- Document downloads in Activity Feed do not match downloads in Data Feeds (IGLOO-17077)
- Some embedded images return 401 unauthorized error (IGLOO-17365)
- Images in emailed content not visible to other users in US MLT (IGLOO-18278)
- Some pages are broken for doc preview resulting in blank page (IGLOO-18301)
- Mobile - Authentication via SSO sometimes does not fully complete (MOBILE-1271)
What's available for testing in my Preview environment?
Excluding File Manager Edit Now capability, all of the features and bug fixes are now available for testing in your Preview environment.
When will this release be available in my digital workplace?
Stay tuned! We'll publish a post on the Product News channel once the Product Release is live in your digital workplace. Visit the Target Release Calendar to find out when.