Broadcast & Subscription Notification Delays
I'd like to determine the best practice for subscriptions and/or sending notifications/broadcasts. Considering, our organization has noticed a major delay in delivery of these, we are curious if there is something else we should be doing instead.
Here are a few questions to help differentiate and determine results:
- How does your organization manage notifications?
- Have you noticed any delay in these messages?
- If so, what have you done to remediate the issue?
We are in the process of standardizing our organization's notifications and wanted to determine the best practice. A bit of background information: Our company is in the process of merging across multiple campus sites (locations). So we have four major channel's and groups that are used, plus a couple extra for various reasons.
- Logisnext Members: 1200
- Houston Members: 500
- Grand Rapids Members: 150
- Marengo Members: 350
Major News Channels
- Logisnext Channel Announcement
- No subscription, so no auto email "broadcast" notice.
- Logisnext Channel Broadcast
- Subscription set for Logisnext Members, auto email sent.
- Houston Employee News
- Subscription for Houston Members only,
- Grand Rapids News and Events
- Subscription for Grand Rapids Members.
- Marengo Employee News
- Subscription set for Marengo Members.
We have noticed email delivery delays and are curious if you've experienced similar concerns?
Delay in notification delivery in both notices/email sent whether the trigger was from a subscription or broadcast. There does not seem to be any commonality between employees or postings. For instance, at 9:16 AM a blog article was published to the Houston Employee News blog channel and was sent out with a broadcast.
I received the broadcast at 9:17 AM and the subscription notice at 11:44 AM. Whereas, a coworker didn't receive the same broadcast until 2:17 PM that day.
On another note, the lack of email template customization for standardization and verbiage preferences is concerning.
Thank you for your time and consideration regarding this matter, I hope to hear from y'all soon.
- 130 views
- 55 previews
- 1 version
- 3 replies
- 3 followers
- Posted By:
- Stacy Moore
- October 14, 2021
About this forum
- 17,091 views
- 231 topics
- 3948 followers